⚡️ Chapter 38 ⚡️

"Accio?" Harry asked as he and Vega made their way out of Defence Against the Dark Arts' office and off to the Entrance Hall, which they exited to rush down the grounds toward the Herbology greenhouses. "The Summoning Spell?" She nodded in reply. "I still haven't learnt that spell yet,"

"You made such a mess of it in Charms," Vega replied as they headed for the greenhouse where their class was gathered. "I told you to get it over with as soon as possible. Now you have one day,"

Vega and Harry arrived at the greenhouse, where they apologised to Professor Sprout for being late, and then rushed over to where Hermione was standing, ignoring the looks that the Hufflepuffs were sending them, as well as Ron – who seemed to think that they were being suspicious these days.

"Where were you?" Hermione hissed at Vega, knowing that the girl always avoided being this late into a lesson. "What took you two so long?"

"Sorry, we got caught up with something," Vega replied, pulling out her Herbology equipment.

"Hermione," Harry whispered, interrupting them. "Hermione – I need you to help me,"

"What d'you think I've been trying to do, Harry?" Hermione whispered back, her eyes round with anxiety over the top of the quivering Flutterby Bush she was pruning.

"Hermione, I need to learn how to do a Summoning Charm properly," Harry told her and Hermione gave them both quizzical looks. "By tomorrow afternoon,"

After their Herbology class – and a gruesome Care of Magical Creatures one – it was lunch. But rather than joining the rest of their class in the Great Hall, the three sought out an empty classroom where Harry tried with all his might to make various objects fly across the room toward him.

"You can do it," Vega said as she set all sorts of stuff around the room at different angles and distances so Harry could practise the best that he could.

But Harry was still having quite a bit of trouble with them – the books and quills kept losing heart halfway across the room and dropping like stones to the floor. Vega let out a low sigh at this.

"Concentrate, Harry," Hermione said. "Concentrate..."

"What d'you think I'm trying to do?" Harry responded angrily, clutching his wand tightly. "A filthy great dragon keeps popping up in my head for some reason..."

"That filthy great dragon will be in front of you tomorrow whether you know this spell or not," Vega cut into their conversation sternly. "It is best for you to calm down and learn it for the former,"

Noticing the steely stern look in Vega's eyes kept Harry from arguing back and he did as she asked.

The time allocated for lunch soon ran out and Harry told the two females that he wanted to skip Divination entirely to keep on practising but Hermione refused point-blank to skive off Arithmancy and Vega herself had too much work to do to ditch both her Divination and Arithmancy classes.

So, in the end, Harry begrudgingly followed Vega all the way up to the North Tower for their Divination class, where the two of them now sat by themselves as Ron sat with Dean and Seamus.

Neither Vega nor Harry had time to dwell on Ron's behaviour as they had to endure Professor Trelawney, who spent half the lesson telling everyone that the position of Mars in relation to Saturn meant that the people born in July and December were in a great danger of sudden, violent deaths.

"Well, that's good," Harry spoke up loudly, his temper getting the better of him. Vega raised her eyebrows at him. "Just as long as it's not drawn-out, I don't want to suffer,"