⚡️ Chapter 18 ⚡️

By the time that Vega woke up the following morning, she found that the night's deadly storm had finally blown itself out. However, the skies outside were still very heavily clouded with a colour that was quite similar to her eyes. Her dormitory was quiet aside from crackling of wood in the furnace standing in the centre of the room and Lavender's snores – it was all normal, and didn't disturb her.

Since the rain had stopped for now, Vega decided she could quickly send Aquila out with a letter, and to do so, she quickly showered, changed out of her nightgown and into her school uniform. She wasn't aware yet what classes they would have so she just piled everything into her schoolbag.

"Thank goodness for Undetectable Extension Charms," Vega muttered as she slung the strap of her schoolbag onto her shoulder and set off out of the girls' dormitory without waking anyone up.

Downstairs, the Gryffindor Common Room was completely deserted as well – but the fireplace was still fired up. Vega glanced at it and wondered at what time exactly did the house-elves come by.

"I need to borrow the Marauder's Map from Harry sometime," Vega said to herself and ducked out of the portrait hole, heading out down to the seventh corridor.

It was very cold outside the warm common room, and Vega wrapped her arms around herself as she made her way toward the Owlery, passing over the bridge and up the tower's spiralling staircase, and she found that he was sitting there, sleeping with his face tucked away under his large wing.

"Aquila?" Vega asked, and she watched as her owl turned to look at her with his large eyes. She smiled. "I've got a letter to send home – while I write it, have some treats, huh?"

Vega held the Owl Treats out to Aquila to have and then went over to the nearby windowsill, sitting down on the dry patch to write the letter back home, pulling out a piece of parchment and her quill.

Dear Aunt Dromeda, Dora & Uncle Ted,

I'm writing this letter from Hogwarts. We got here safely last night, although the weather was absolutely dreadful. It has improved by now but I suppose that the rainy weather will persist for a while. The clouds are very grey today. And I hope that the weather in England is also better now.

How are you doing now, Dora? Is your sprain alright? You shouldn't walk too much on it already. I realise that it must be difficult to do that since the Ministry is in such a disarray right now. And I also hope that Uncle Ted isn't having a very difficult time either. Take care of yourselves for me, please.

There was something else that I wanted to mention in this letter.

Last night, we found out about our new Defence Against the Dark Arts' teacher, and it is Alastor Moody. I was not aware that he was going to take up classes this year. He looked really dishevelled, well more so than usual, and came in quite late for the ceremony. But what makes it stranger is that just yesterday morning, a disturbance call was made to his home where he claimed to be attacked.

I'm not quite sure what is going on, I only heard about it through Mr. Weasley and Mr. Diggory. I hope that it was resolved – but I was wondering if you knew something about it, Dora.

Oh! And has Bertha Jorkins returned yet? I've been hearing about her in the news... I wonder where she is? I'm sorry if it comes out of nowhere... but it has been on my mind recently.

Also, Dumbledore announced that we will be having a Triwizard Tournament this year but only those above the age of seventeen will be taking part. I feel that it is alright – I wouldn't have applied anyhow. I'm much more interested in watching others compete. I expect that it will be quite exciting.