18

*SHINOBU'S POV*

I sent out a letter for my dearest (Y/N) many hours ago, but I have yet to receive a reply from her. Usually, she would be here by now. Either that or she would at least send a letter back in reply as to why she cannot come see me. I was really hoping I could spend some time with her, perhaps even teach her more about medicine.

My attention is drawn towards the door of my office as it slides open. I can't help but to frown upon seeing that it isn't the one Hashira I was hoping to see.

"What are you doing here?" I question the larger Hashira, not bothering to hide my disappointment in seeing him.

"Have you seen (L/N)?" Tengen questions, looking around the room to see if she's there. "She wasn't home when I went there so I figured she must be here."

My frown deepens as I slightly furrow my brows. It's not very often that she's not at home- usually she's there or here if she's not on a mission. As far as I know, she isn't on a mission for Oyakata-sama. "I haven't seen her in a few weeks. Why do you ask?"

Tengen sighs as he moves to sit down. "I was hoping to invite her to dinner in order to meet my wives. They've been rather eager to meet her after I mentioned her to them."

"If that's all you're here for, then why are you still here?" I return my attention to the medications I was previously making. "She's obviously not with me. Have you checked with the others?"

"No." He shakes his head as he crosses his muscular arms over his chest. "I figured she was most likely to be with you. If she wasn't here, I was planning to ask Oyakata-sama if he knows where she is. He's the most likely to know the answer out of everyone."

"Why do you want her to meet your wives so badly?" I question him, letting my curiosity get the best of me.

Tengen smiles brightly as he answers me. "I want her to be my fourth wife, of course! If my wives approve of her, then everything will be perfect!"

I raise a brow as I glance at him, pausing my mixing. "You were serious about that? I thought you were simply joking about it."

"Of course, I'm serious." His smile disappears as he suddenly turns serious, staring down at the ground. "(L/N) would make a fabulous addition to my family. She's perfect for the position of my fourth and final wife. I don't think I'll ever find someone quite like her. It has to be her."

"And if she doesn't wish to marry you? What then?"

"I'll make her want to marry me." His eyes gleam in determination as he stands up, prepared to leave to likely head to Oyakata-sama. "And if she doesn't, then I will accept her wishes with a heavy heart."

He leaves without another word, sliding the door closed behind him. I release a tired sigh, no longer feeling in the mood to work on the medications I was working on. I set everything to the side, cleaning the table in the process.

I make my way out of my office before heading outside, spotting Aoi as she hangs up the laundry to dry. "Good afternoon." The young girl greets me with a kind smile as she picks up another blanket to hang up. "I saw Tengen was visiting. Did he need medical attention again?"

"No." I shake my head, helping her hang up the soaked cloth. "He was looking for (L/N)-chan."

"Hm? What did he need her for?"

"Nothing important. Apparently, she was not home when he went to look so he assumed she was here."

Aoi frowns slightly, wiping her hands off on the apron around her waist before picking up the empty wicker basket. "She hasn't been here in quite some time, now that I'm thinking about it. It's been a few months, has it not?"

I nod, also frowning. "I sent a letter for her earlier but never received a reply. I can't help but to wonder where she is. She's not usually the type to disappear without telling anyone of where she will be."

"I hope she isn't in any trouble." Aoi sighs, walking back inside as I follow after her. "Though, it's likely that we're simply overthinking things. Perhaps she's with one of the other Hashira's. Rengoku does have a tendency to drag her away without letting anyone know."

"You're right." I give Aoi a soft smile before splitting off from her, heading back towards my office. Just because I'm a little worried doesn't mean I can slack off on my work.

Hours pass by rather quickly as I'm buried in work, scribbling recipes down on paper to make them easier to remember. My concentration is broken as there's a knock at my door before it slides open, revealing Aoi. She hands me a letter, bowing slightly before making her exit.

I open the letter, recognizing Tengen's handwriting instantly. My eyes scan the words carefully, knowing he's likely giving me the answer to the question that's been on my mind all day. Apparently, he was correct in thinking that Oyakata-sama would know the location of (Y/N). According to him, she left a few weeks ago to go train in the mountains in order to grow stronger and faster, homing in on her skills as a Hashira.

A soft smile graces my face upon reading that she's perfectly fine and that there's nothing to worry about. I only wish that she had told me her plans beforehand so I wouldn't have worried unnecessarily. I can only hope that her training goes well and that she returns soon.

~~~~~
Word Count: 1048

Hello everyone! I wasn't really sure how to continue the story really since I only have a few ideas that take place much later on. I decided to try out writing from someone else's point of view just to change things up and maybe give a different view on things happening with the reader. If you enjoyed the change in point of view, please let me know!