CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

On the last day of the week, the day before my escape, I packed the things I need and headed for training with Seraphina. I've been practicing summoning and illusion magic which is one of the perks of summoning Fenrir. He told me it helps with stealth so he uses it to hunt prey. It's pretty helpful since I'll need this in escaping. Though it's not much as I'm still a beginner, Seraphina told me I'll be able to get away from the eyes of non-magic user knights. Knights in the imperial palace are trained harshly as they're tasked to protect the imperial family that's why even non-magic users have very keen senses. 

If I don't have this, I probably would get caught with just a step out of the carriage so this is a great spell.  Seraphina told me my progress was very fast for a beginner and that I'm a very fast learner. I also noticed how I easily understand how to do the spells which are probably why I progressed quickly. Have I been this overpowered all along? If that is so, why haven't I awakened much earlier?

What Seraphina said the first time we met flashed through my mind. If my mother sealed my powers, why? Maybe there's some reason why Mother did that. Anyway, it doesn't matter why my mother sealed my power, all I need to focus on is for this escape plan to be successful. With that resolve, I rid my mind of anything that could bother me and focused on enhancing my skills. 

Night came rather quickly. I lay in bed with eyes wide open unable to fall asleep due to how nervous I feel. Various thoughts circled my head but most were worries about tomorrow. I sighed. I really can't sleep. What if I don't wake up on time due to this and miss my opportunity to escape? What if my father changes his mind? What if I get killed in my sleep and not be able to escape? What if... What if...

"Morticia?" A series of bangs and booms as well as clatterings ensued as I fell from my bed. I held onto my chest, feeling the fast beating of my heart, and hurriedly went to the glass of water from which the voice came from.

"... Morticia? Are you all right?" A worried voice flowed from the cup. 

" Ah! Yes, Queen Lietta, I'm fine!" Laughing sheepishly as I said that, I peered into the cup and saw the worried expression the queen had.  I smiled at her assuringly and only did the creases on her forehead lessened. 

" You should be careful, Morticia. You shouldn't get hurt, do you understand?" I nodded at the Queen showing I understand.

" By the way, Queen Lietta, where's Julienne? Is she sleeping?" I asked. I haven't seen her for days so I missed her.

''She's asleep. Played too much in the afternoon. " Queen Lietta said as she glanced at the bed. I giggled at what she said. I could imagine the little girl playing around in the garden with her mother. It must be a heartwarming sight... Queen Lietta must've noticed my silence. She asked me what I'm going to do now that my father is going to confine me in Ostalia. I told her I'll continue my plan as well as how someone would help me.

" She's an amazing mage, Queen Lietta. I think she's a trustworthy person so I'm going to continue my plan with her help." Of course, I didn't say who she is exactly. This made the queen a little worried but I guess she decided to trust me on this as she didn't say anything. 

"Don't worry, Queen Lietta, I'm sure I'm in good hands. You know that I can distinguish whether a person has malice now, right? You taught me so I would be able to know if the person who'll approach me has malice or an evil intention towards me." I reassured her again to ease her worries.

" I know. You know what you're doing and I trust you. Still, I can't help but worry... " She sighed as her voice trailed off. " Well, just let me worry. Treat it as the worries of an adult, alright?" I nodded and smiled. I know she's just caring for me. I too have a lot of worries so I can understand. 

" Queen Lietta, If ever news of me getting missing appears, please do not worry. That means I've successfully escaped." The queen stared at me for a minute before nodding her head. 

"Be careful out there, alright?" The queen again reminded me. I smiled one last time and opened my mouth.

" I will."

______________________

Hi! Hello! I made these illustrations of the three princes. This is how I imagined them to look like.

Crown Prince Vesh Elijah Mortem:

2nd Prince Damien Thorne Mortem:

And 3rd Prince Grendel Rex Mortem:

Anyway, Happy reading and Love lots!