Chaos

South is on a rampage. She can't control her anger anymore. Ever since she was told that her A.I. Implantation date had been delayed, her attitude changed. It's been 6 days since.

"So you ready for tomorrow?" Washington crosses his arms while walking into Shadows room.

"For what?" Shadow was sitting in her bed reading some books. Wash pointed at the back of his neck, "oh right... I'm getting an A.I. Tomorrow. I guess I am, it'll be weird to have something with me at all times but we'll de what happens. So, are you guys ready for your mission tomorrow?"

"Yeah, Carolina has been working our asses off. 'Keep training guys' 'hurry up'. So on and so forth. Every second she gets she asks if we have been reviewing the plan. God it gets annoying." Both of them laugh, "you know, South is pretty upset."

"I know. I've tried reasoning with The Director but he won't listen. Honestly, I think South deserves it more than me." She puts her book down and touches the back of her neck. "Do you think it'll hurt?"

"Nah, I don't think so. you should go ask North these questions." Shadow stands from her bed.

"Alright." She begins to walk towards the training room. "Hey, don't forget to review for the mission tomorrow."

"Yeah yeah." Washington walks off.

North is in the training room using his bubble shield and theta was by his side. They make a good team. They're a match.

"Training session now over. 5% agility increase." North walks to the elevator with his sniper on his shoulder. Shadow stays near the elevator to congratulate them.

"Hey, you did pretty well there. Ready for tomorrow?" They both begin to walk to the kitchen.

"Yeah, just wanted to get one more training session in. Let me guess, you're nervous about the A.I. Tomorrow huh?" Theta appears on his shoulder.

"Me? Nervous? Psh no.... Maybe... Kind of. Look, I don't know how it works. How does the Director match an A.I. With a person?" They both sit down at a table.

"There's nothing to be afraid of. The director told me that I was sympathetic and had the ability to protect. Theta is frail and he needed someone to encourage him." North grabs a water bottle.

"Yeah, he paired us up with people who needed us." Theta says in an enthusiastic tone.

"What are the side effects?"

"Oh just a couple headaches, nothing too bad." He gets up from his chair, "I'll talk to you later, we need to do a final check on our weapons for tomorrow. See ya." He runs to the armory.

The next day, the team gets ready. They all suit up and Carolina explains the plan once more. They are all in the hangar. South is still angry and refuses any contact with the others. North walks up to her and puts his and on her shoulder. She simply walks away and leaves the hangar. Shadow is with Carolina and Washington talking about the mission.

"Come on guys, let's go." 479er gets in the pelican and the rest follow.

"Good luck guys." Shadow says as the pelicans door closes. The counselor walks up to shadow.

"It's time." Shadow nods and follows him. They walk out of the hangar and go to the infirmary. With each step she takes, she becomes more nervous. "Please, stay calm. A.I.s and sense when their user is in distress."

"Right." Shadow takes a deep breath as they enter the operating room.

"Alright agent, please take off your helmet and lay on the operating table."one of the nurses say as he organizes the surgical equipment. Shadow takes off her helmet and lies down. They give her some anesthesia, "you'll be asleep in about 30 seconds."