Red

"Good luck guys." Shadow says as the pelicans door closes. The counselor walks up to shadow. And they both leave the hangar. The pelicans door closes. 479er lifts up and heads toward the city. Although the mission seemed easy, something still bothered Carolina. She didn't know why but she had a feeling that something was not right.

"Hey," York taps Carolina's shoulder, "is everything alright?"

She turns around, "yeah, just thinking a bit."

"Okay. Don't worry, you're plan is great, we will be successful." Under his helmet, he gives a reassuring smile. They all take they seats and put their harnesses on. She scans the room and looks at each of them. the thought of losing her comrades scared her. She usually didn't feel this way before missions. She forgets the thought.

They all begin talking with each other. It was normal for all of them to socialize before they go on a mission. All of them were laughing except for north, who was facing down and messing with his hands. Washington notices his muteness.

"What's wrong?" Wash says to north.

" I'm just worried about South. I tried talking to her but she keeps pushing me back. Do you think she'll try to take her anger out on Shadow?" He looks up.

"I highly doubt that, she'll probably punch a wall. Anyways, South can be bitter at times but I don't think she would ever attack another agent outside of training." Washington slouches back on his seat.

"Hmm, I guess you're right." North relaxes and sits back. Everyone continues to chat. It's 6:00. It will soon be dark. It's just another mission, what possibly could go wrong? All they need to do was find the chip and bring it back to the director. If they found Henry McNeil at the building, they could take him in for questioning. All they had to do was keep him away from shadow or else she'll kill him on the spot.

"We will be reaching our destination in 5 minutes." 479er says from the front seat. "I'll be dropping you off a few blocks away from the building. Use your active camo so you won't be spotted while you guys head toward the building." She slowly descends into a small park with a large field. The pelican lands and the door opens. The agents walk out. Carolina walks toward 479er. "We'll radio you once we're done."

"Okay. See you later." She flies off. The team turn their active camo on. It will let them be unseen for 5 minutes. Just enough time to make it to the building. They all head for it. North separates from the group to get to his position. "Be careful you guys." He says to the group.

Once they reached the building, they all shut off the active camo. Carolina radios The Director, "We have arrived. There were no complications. North is in his position already we are ready to advance."

"Good work. Now, let's do this quickly and as quietly as we can." He says thought the radio.

"Alright everyone, let's get to our positions and follow the plan" Maine and Wyoming stay in the lobby to stand guard. Carolina, Tex, Washington, and York all head into the elevator. While in the elevator, York pulls out a rod that stretched into a digital tablet. He hacks into the security cameras and shuts them all off. "The security cameras are offline, when we get to the top floor, I'm going to try to hack into the security system." York says. Carolina began to calm down. Everything is going as planned.

North lays down on the top of a nearby building. He has his sniper scanning the area. Maine and Wyoming walk around the lobby. Wyoming sits in A lounge chair. Across from him is a small table with magazines on it. He lifts his feet on the table, grabs a magazine, and begins to read it. Maine continues to walk around. Wash, Carolina, Tex, and York all make it to the top floor.

The top floor seems too open for a secure area. There were many windows and open areas. They checked the area. All of them looked in every room to make sure that the floor was clear. Washington opens a door and there is a hallway leading to two doors.

"Guys, I think I found the room." They all walk down the white hallway. York walks in front of them. He puts his wrist up and he scans the door. "Looks like 5 foot steel doors. The security system will be hard to hack into, it will probably take me at least ten minutes to bust through it but it is possible." York pulls out his digital tablet again and begins to hack into the system.

5 minutes passed, everything seems fine. It crazy how fast things can change within a short amount of time. Red lights began to flash throughout the building. The white room that the group was standing in reflected the red light. The whole room was tinted red.

"Guys," north radios everybody,"about 20 warthogs and 10 hornets are approaching the area, they are fully armored, you need to get out of there now! They knew what we were up to."

"Fuck!" Carolina yells," York, how long until you get in?!"

"Shit," the screen flashed a 'access denied' warning, "the system just shut me out, if I try to hack into it again, it'll probably take me another 10 minutes."

"Try again, now." Carolina grabs her assault rifle from her back.

"We don't have time," York grabs Carolina's shoulder and turns her around, "we need to get out of here."

"No, we are going to get that chip, get to work! Washington, Tex! Go stand guard at the door and make sure nobody gets in." She begins to walk down the hallway.

"What are you going to do?" Tex asks.

"I'm going to try to stop the elevator." She continues.

North radios The Director "We need back up immediately. Team A(Maine and Wyoming) have been compromised. The enemy is advancing. They're heading upstairs. I don't have a clear view of team B( Washington, York, Carolina and Tex) I'm not sure if they have spotted me yet. It looks like..." Norths radio cuts off as troops surround him. He stands up.

"Put your hands up! Now!" They all point their guns at him.

"And if I don't?" He gives a sly grin.

"We will have no option but to shoot."the soldier begins to count down. North puts his hands up. He wastes time by talking to the soldiers.

Maine and Wyoming ready themselves. "Maine," Wyoming clears his throat, "this seems like old times, like the day we had to retrieve the sarcophagus, remember that day?"

Maine just growls. He wasn't to fond of that day, sure they had retrieved the sarcophagus but that was also the day he was shot in the throat. The vehicles drive up to the front of the building. The two barricade themselves behind the front desk.

Back at The Mother of Invention, the staff were trying to delve lop a new plan and send a rescue team. The only calm individual was the Director.

"We need to get them out of there!" South clenches the collar of the directors shirt. He continues to look at the screens capturing the scene. The first shot sounds and the battle has now begun.

"Aren't you going to help!" Shadow yells at him. He simply continues to watch. "You know what, you are a heartless motherfucker. South..." Shadow gestures south to follow. The two run out of the room. They run toward the hangar. The doors open and one pelican is left. Shadow quickly gets in and South does the same.

"Hey! Get out of there! That is for the rescue team!" A staff member yells at them.

"We are the rescue team." Shadow says to him. She starts the thrusters and they begin to lift. She sits up and head toward the city.

________________________
Oh, if some of you don't know what a warthog or a hornet is, they're just vehicles in halo. so many cliffhangers. Love it!