Choices

They rolled Shadow away on the gurney. Blood was covering the white sheets that were under her. Her heart beat was slowly declining and she was hanging by a thread. She kept going unconscious. She was fighting for her life.

The medical staff finally made it to the operating room. They took off her armor and they carefully took off the armor around her torso for the knife was still there. They cut part of her shirt to reveal the wound. She lay there and the only thing she kept on thinking was, 'I'm going to die today' the doctors gave her an anesthetic to calm her down. They began to sterilize the wound. The pain was agonizing. She had enough of it. Shadow passed out.

'Wha...what is this place?' She found herself surrounded by darkness. Nothing was around her. Her worst fear is right in front of her.

Abandonment.

She fell down to her knees and put her head into her hands. Shadow stayed like that for minutes.

'Please, don't cry.' A male voice spoke out.

'Who, who are you? What do you want?' She whispered out.

'Don't worry, it's not just me. Mom, Dad, and Jonathan are here with me.'

'Nate? Is it you?'

'Yes, we are here to give you a choice.' And with that, there was no longer darkness. She was standing in the operating room. She saw herself lying on the gurney with the doctors checking up on her. Shadow stood beside herself. Next to her appeared her family.

'So you're telling me that I'm...I'm dead?' She asked her brother.

'Technically, you are not, but you are close to dying.' Shadow looked down and saw that the knife was no longer in her torso. A bandage was wrapped around her stomach.

'So you're saying that I have a choice between dying and stay with you guys, or living on with my life?'

'Yes. That is exactly what we're asking.' Her dad finally spoke out. Carolina walked into the room.

"Hey there. I know you can't hear me or anything but, I just wanted to say I'm sorry for everything that I did to hurt you. Just keep fighting. You are a fighter." Washington stepped into the room as well.

"How is she doing?" He asks Carolina.

"Not so good. The doctor who operated on her told me that she has a 10% chance of living. I know she'll pull through." Carolina placed her hand on Washington's shoulder, "She's going to survive, I know it."

Shadow stood there alongside Carolina.
'They can't hear me, can they?'

'No, but you must choose now' her mom said.

'Im sorry if this disappoints you guys but I can't leave my team.' She walks closer to her mom, 'you guys will always be my family, but they are my family as well.'

Shadows dad inches closer, 'and you will always be our daughter.' He leans closer to shadow and kissed her forehead.

'I hope I made the right choice.' She slowly disappeared.

Pain was the only thing she felt. Shadow slowly opened her eyes. She looked down and saw the bandage. Small spots of blood began to appear on it. She looked forward and saw Carolina talking to Washington.

"Carolina?" She weakly said. Carolina turned around and saw her.

"Thank goodness you're okay. Damn, you put up a fight." Shadow smiled, her eye began to hurt. She lifted up her hand and touched it.

"So... What happened? Why did you try to fight Maine?" Washington asks. Shadow began to be lightheaded from all of the blood loss. Everything began to turn black. She started to get dizzy.

"He... He killed my family." A tear escaped her eye. Then she passed out once more.