Truth

Everyone turned toward the two. Some were shocked to see shadow even standing. She scanned the room. There he was, he was just sitting there. Staring at her. Shadow glared at him for the longest time. All she felt was a sense of hatred towards him.

"Ah, Agent Arizona," Shadow flinched at the name, "it's so nice to see you. Come with me." He gestured to the back room, "there is something I must speak with you about." She walked toward the entrance. She was holding her side where she was stabbed. It was sore, but it didn't cause much pain. Everyone was staring. their gaze followed her all the way until she entered the room. The Director closed the door behind her.

In the room there was a desk and a chair across from it.

"Please, take a seat." he walked towards the desk, "I understand that you have had some sort of conflict with Agent Maine two days ago. you are very lucky that you have survived. I understand why as well. everything was caught on camera. I know exactly why you attacked him. I'm considering whether or not to keep you on the team." He smirked

"What about him? Do you understand what he did? He is a criminal, a murderer. he should be put in prison!" Shadow became more and more angry.

"Do you want to know why we put him on this team Agent?" Shadow have him a blank stare, "the reason why we put him on this team, was because he had the bravery to kill someone, and in this case more than one person." He smiled and crossed his arms.

Shadow shot up from her seat. She clenched her teeth as she spoke, "So you're saying the only reason why he's here is because he was capable of murder?!"

"Yes." Shadow stepped back, "we knew what everyone was capable of doing but Agent Maine was a bit more mysterious. We needed to know if he had the courage to do something as horrid as that. The others wouldn't kill the innocent but Maine can."

"Bravery? Courage? How can you describe his actions with those words?!" She began to yell at The Director.

"Do you want to know why we targeted your family? Your brothers and mother were innocent people but your father..."

"Are you saying that he is a bad man! How dare you say that! He was a loving father for my siblings and me!"

"Your father was the president of light industries correct?"

"I know that already but what does that have to do with any of this?!" She felt like throwing the chair at him.

"Do you know what they did in that company?"

"Ye... yes I do. They were responsible for inventing new technologies that will benefit the way humans live life." She began to breathe heavily.

"Yes they did do that but that was a cover for their real plan. They were planning something completely different. He had a data chip that contained information on us. Our armor, our missions, even our statuses. Those weren't really reasons why we had to kill him, but the real reason was because it had information on the sarcophagus. He was going to use this knowledge on us to try to get rid of the Agents. Your father was a very bad man. We knew the chip was on him but once he was killed, agent Maine could not find a trace of it anywhere. So the data chip could be anywhere. We must find it"

"But why my family as well! They were innocent." She yelled back.

"They were not to be trusted." He glared at her.

She couldn't believe the information she had just received. Her father was not the innocent man that she had thought he was.

" and Agent, I suggest you go back to the infirmary, it seems that the stitches have opened. Oh one more thing, I will give you 24 hours to give me your opinion, will you resign from this program, or will you stay. If you do not give me an answer within 24 hours, I will kick you off." He chuckled right in her face.

She walked out of the room, shocked. She didn't feel anything. Everything she knew was a lie. She felt light headed because of the blood loss. Her shirt was soaked in it. The last thing she remembered was Carolina, North, and Washington running toward her before she collapsed.