Chapter 2 - Unexpected Meeting

*CRUNCH, CRUNCH*

Sounds of snow crunching under my feet were filling the air, as I was limping my way to the base.

Thoughts were flooding my mind.
I was the only one who survived that raid.

The number of human deaths was growing in geometrical progression.
Humans decided to use extreme measures.

Since the remaining humans started to defend their bases using all kinds of weapons, that means using even the illegal ones, (except for nukes, bioweapons and etc.) Federal Anti-Human Agency aka FAHA, started to go rampage on human bases.

Luckily, one group of human soldiers specialized in stealth, managed to gather very important intel about FAHA changing their fighting ways.

After the intel was sent to all other human bases, they decided to stay low and be extremely cautious and stealthy in their missions.

All of that gave FAHA quite a tough time.
Yes, bases were being found, humans were being killed, but all of that started to happen more rarely.

*SNAP*

I snapped back to reality.
Someone stepped on a branch.
I quickly raised my pistol aiming the way the sound came.
It was a large bush.
I quietly approached the bush still aiming at it.
With a quick hand movement, I moved the leaves out of my way to see who was behind them.

???
- AYO CHILL DUDE!

Blake
- ...Dex? - I lowered my pistol my eyes widened.

Dex
- Blake? - He asked surprised.

Blake, Dex
- aaaAAAYYYY! - We "whisper shouted" simultaneously.

Name - Dexter MendersonAge - 18Height - 5'10"Specialization - Field medicStatus - fugitive

Age - 18
Height - 5'10"
Specialization - Field medic
Status - fugitive

It was my best friend, Dexter, or as I call him, Dex.

I tried to give him a "bro hug", but I saw, that his leg was injured and he was treating his wound with first aid kit he always carries with him.

Blake
- Dude, I thought I was the only survivor!

Dex
- I thought the same, bro.

Blake
- Were you heading to base Sykra?

Dex
- Yeah dude, wait, are you also going to that base?

Blake
- Yep.

Dex
- Cool! Alright, give me a second.

He finished treating his wound, got up and started limp-walking with me.

Blake
- Do you have any information about how our base was found?

Dex
- Nope, absolutely zero.