Chapter 3 - Ambush

Date And Location

*Action, scene change*

Character Name
- Their speech
- Their thoughts

Narrator

(POV CHANGE)

___________________________________________

(Blake POV)

It's been a few days since I and Dex got transferred to this squad.
It consisted of me as an assault man, Dex as a field medic, a sniper, juggernaut, and another assault man, the last one being our squad leader.
In a total of 5 people.

I and Dex recovered almost from all the injuries.
But I still feel that kick in the stomach.

I was chatting with Dex when our squad leader entered our room.

Squad Leader
- Gear up boys, we are going on a mission. Meet us in the planning room. - he said and exited the room.

The planning room - a room with a big screen showing the map of the world and a round table for further discussions.

Dex
- I wonder what kind of mission it'll be.

Blake
- Hopefully not a hard one, I'm not planning to die any time soon.

We geared up and headed to the planning room.

We entered the room and saw the rest of our team and the general himself.

Blake
- Dang, if the general is here that means the mission will be quite a tough one.

We got close to the table and saluted him.

General
- At ease, soldiers. As you may know, our base has been lacking some resources, them being ammo, different types of grenades and rifles. There will be a few FAHA trucks transporting those types of resources to their base south from here.

The map showed the way the trucks would be going.

General
- Your objective is to capture those trucks and bring them to our base. At the location, there will also be the Ambask squad specialized in ambushes. They will distract the security while your target will be the trucks. - he explained.

We looked at each other.

General
- But be careful. From the intel we have been gathering it seems like anthros are toughening their vehicle armor and enhancing their security. 1 hour later there will be a stealth humvee waiting for you outside the base, that will deploy you to a strategic point for a successful ambush. You will get further instructions in the truck. Get ready, soldiers. And good luck. - he added.

He finished explaining the mission.
We saluted him and left the room.

Dex
- Shit, I thought it would be an easy one. - he said while we were walking through the base

Blake
- Yeah, me too. I hope everything will go smoothly.

An hour later, as expected, there was a humvee waiting for us at the gates.