Chapter 12 - Safe For Now

| Date And/Or Location |

*Action/Scene Change*

Character Name
- Their Speech
- Their Thoughts

Narrator

-(POV Change)-

___________________________________________

-(Blake's POV)-

Blake
- Oh, you're finally awake.

Kate looked around for a bit then tried to sit on the bed.

Blake
- Hey hey hey, you're still recovering and need rest - I said while trying to make her lay back.

Kate
- ...Where am I? - she asked while examining the room she was in.

Blake
- You're in our bunker. Well, not our, her bunker - I informed her.

Kate
- ...Her?

*Knock knock*

Blake
- Come in! - I shouted and watched the door open revealing Kendra.

Kendra
- Yo Blake, did Kate wake-

She didn't get to finish her sentence as Kate, despite her wounds, jolted out of the bed in less than a second, grabbed Kendra by her neck, and lifted her up in the air.

Blake
- * quickly gets up from his chair and runs to them* KATE, WHAT THE FUCK?! HEY HEY HEY, CALM DOWN! LET HER GO, SHE IS HELPING US! SHE IS ON OUR SIDE! - I yelled at her while trying to free Kendra from her strong grip.

Kate looked at me with disbelief, then at Kendra but still let her go.

Kendra dropped to her knees coughing and gasping for air.

Blake
- Jeez, hey are you okay? - I worriedly asked, my hand on her back.

Kendra
- *Cough, cough* Yeah, I'm- *heavy cough* -fine.

Kate
- ...Why is she helping us? She's an anthro - Kate asked with a cold voice.

Blake
- I would have explained to you if you didn't try to frickin strangle her! - I yelled at her still patting Kendra's back.

Kendra
- Alright *cough* I'll get going. Her room *cough* is in front of yours - She slowly got up and exited the room.

Blake
- *looks at her bandaged body* And first of all, how the hell did you jolt out so damn fast with so many wounds? Doesn't your body hurt like hell? - I asked her with confusion and a bit of anger in my voice.