𝔩𝔩𝔩. 𝖙𝖜𝖔

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

⭒❃.✮:▹ TW: mentions of murder, blood, swearing, semi-graphic scenes, etc. ◃:✮.❃⭒

News spread fast like any news in Gotham it created power opportunities, gave some people hope while for others it dimmed any hope they had. All the news outlets had the same information;

"Late-breaking news: Confirmed by several sources, the man who terrorized Gotham for a generation, known only as "the Joker", is dead. He was brutally murdered last night in Arkham Asylum. Prison staffers have unofficially speculated the assailant was the Batman, but police have yet to confirm. Calls to health officials..."

Edith and Dick having had firsthand of the news of the Joker's death decided to visit the Commissioner at the GCPD. The city snowing out made Edith uncomfortable because almost every plant was in hibernation and those that weren't, were hidden by the pile of snow.

Walking into the GCPD side by side Edith sided with darker colors that day since it was Gotham after all. A black slim coat over her clothes couldn't hide the three-inch heeled boots she wore as they were iridescent dark green lace-up boots.

All the uniformed cops were minding no attention to visitors, rather were focused on the breaking news the television screen portrayed. Turning around to a room with a sign reading 'No Visitor Access' is where the couple spotted Barbara on the phone.

A woman leaves Barbara's side to step in front of the couple who stop listening in to the commissioner's phone call with the mayor, "Can I help you?"

"I'm Dick Grayson," The man introduces himself as if it was the most obvious thing before slightly turning to Edith, "This is Edith Hathaway"

"Yeah, I know," The woman crossed arm nods her head with no warmth in her demeanor "You picked a nice time for a reunion."

"And you are?" Dick asks having never seen the woman in the station the years he was around

Barbara answers the question as she rolls to the woman's side, "Thanks, Vee."

The woman gives Dick a hard look before handing Barbara a file and walking away. Barbara motions the couple to the side so they can have a semblance of privacy, "11:20 last night, Bruce's jet took off. Changed IFR in mid-air. Nobody knows where he touched down. Except maybe you?"

"I wish I did," Dick scoffs

"What happened?" Barbara urgently asks in a whisper

"We were sleeping for starters" Edith speaks up not having been able to go back to sleep after the news "until Bruce walked into our room and dropped a bloody crowbar on the floor which was a hell of a wakeup call"

"He said it was over with him and the Joker. That he ended it." Dick informs Barbara who stares off to the side looking disappointed at the information "Then he said he was done with Gotham, the Bat, all of it."