𝔩𝔩𝔩. 𝖙𝖊𝖓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

⭒❃.✮:▹ TW: mentions of murder, blood, swearing, semi-graphic scenes, etc. ◃:✮.❃⭒

Edith hadn't moved away from Dick's body, only instead of her hand on his neck she was now holding his cold hand

Edith didn't hear Gar or Rachel shout once they'd reached the empty plaza and discovered Dick laying motionless on the ground. Edith only knew she wasn't alone when Rachel kneels down across from her making her take note of her surroundings. Edith was shocked to see Rachel, but was glad the girl was back from Themyscira even at such a time.

"Rach, is there anything you can do?" Gar asks looking down at the motionless body
Rachel reaches out to heal Dick like she'd done whenever any of them would get hurt but nothing happens. No amount of magical black wisps did a single thing, leading her to sob as Edith takes hold of her hands knowing what Rachel was realizing.

Even in the midst of her biggest heartbreak Edith was taking care of the teens. Instead of Rachel having to break the news Edith looks away from a sobbing Rachel and up to a worried Gar, "There's nothing we can do."

At the news Gar lets out a shout only for bat's to start to appear above them taking them by surprise. The bats start to circle Gar making him rub his eyes not being able to see his skin change green and then his hands start to web together.

All Rachel and Edith could do was watch as Gar's face is replaced with that of a bat's head.

"Gar?" Rachel softly asks with wide eyes watching as the bats start to get closer to the boy and soon he disappears into a green bat flying with the rest of them

The bats start to circle above Dick's body making Edith slowly stand up not wanting to leave Dick's side. Only she had to have faith in Gar knowing what he was doing even if it was his first time transforming into a bat

Rachel and Edith step back allowing the bats to get closer to Dick's body and they slowly lift him off the ground. They watch as the bats carry him high up into the sky and start moving past building making the two girls race after the bats.

While Rachel was running down the steps of a condemned building without a second thought Edith slowed down and assessed their surroundings. A few bats fly past her as Rachel runs down the black hall towards an opening shouting, "Gar, now!"

At those words Edith sprints down the stairs and dark hall not knowing what was going to happen to Dick's body. By the time Edith reaches the blue glowing pit in the ground Dick had been settled into the liquid slowly sinking into it letting the water consume him

"Thats..." Edith trails off now knowing exactly where they were and what the pit before them was and does.

The Lazarus Pit. A restorative pool apable of instantly healing injuries, resurecting the dead and even granting immortality - such usages that keep Ra's al Ghul from being centuries old.