✭✎- ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ ݈݇⎼ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ !

All night, Y/n worked on Kotaro's request. Once completed, she smiled and carefully folded the clothing and sat them somewhere high so they won't get a spect of dirt on it.

Then she finally laid her body down around 2am.

In a better mood, she woke up, did her morning routine and happily went to knock on Kotaro's door. "I finished your request." she bent and handed the clothes to Kotaro.

"That was fast. Thank you, lady L/n. I will try them on now." Kotaro's hurried inside and tried on the clothes. He started at himself in the mirror and gasped. A vibrant red shirt, with yellow stars big and small all over.

He walked back out and opened the door. "What do you think? Do I look cool?"

Y/n clapped. "You look so awesome! It's a perfect fit, too!"

The kid blushed faintly and nodded. "Aye!" it was still quite early, neither of them ate any breakfast yet. "Are you free as of now? I would like to make you some breakfast if that is okay with you."

"I can stay for a little bit before I go meet with my manager." Y/n walked in and left her shoes, then followed Kotaro. He scurried around to tidy up a bit, then got to cooking.

While she waits, Y/n went over to the small bookshelf and safaried through them. Some looked new as the day they were made, fresh and untouched. "You don't like books? I mean they looked untouched.."

"I do not wish to burden anyone with my silly requests. I only flip though the picture books." Kotaro neatly folded the omelette after lightly seasoning it with salt and pepper.

"How about this, after I get back from my meeting, I'll read these to you!" closing her eyes, Y/n smiled brightly. She never had the opportunity to read a book to a child before, so this would make her happy.

"I like the idea of that!" wittle Kotaro finished up. He played the food neatly, set them on the table, then asked Y/n her choice of drink.

"Oh my! This is delicious! Is shoo gwood~!"

"Lady L/n, please do not talk with your mouth full. You must eat the food before talking."

"Right, sworry," she did it again.

After the food, Y/n stood up. "Thank you for the delicious breakfast! I'll be going now. See you later, Kotaro." she walked to the door and walked out.

"Yes... later." Kotaro whispered. Wishing the day to go by so Y/n could come back and read to him.

"Good morning." Y/n greeted Karino who'd walk out the same time as she did.

"Mornin. Why're you leaving Kotaro's apartment?" the man asked rather suspiciously.

"Well, I finished his clothes, and he offered to make me breakfast.. did I do something to upset you?"

"Its not that. Its weird how you cling to him and you just meet him." the way Karino worded it was a bit rude and it offended Y/n.

"..." she went quiet with a sad small smile on her face.

"What is it with you?"

"I.." Y/n started. "I can't.. have kids of my own. So when ever I see a lone child, I can't help but get attached." she confessed. "I'm sorry. I'll keep my distance."

Before Karino could apologize, Y/n walked off quickly.

Unbeknownst to them, Kotaro heard everything. He opened his door and grabbed Karino's attention.

Later that day, Y/n didn't speak a word after leaving the meeting and going back home and took a shower. She locked herself away inside her room in the dark. Alone again.

She sat against the wall hugging her knees close. In between her chest and knee, there was a small white newborn hat. It was supposed to be for her first born, she lost the child, but kept the small clothing she had bought.

Just as she was about to doze off, she heard knocks on her door. Lazy, she crawled to open it.

"Excuse the intrusion, lady L/n," Kotaro let himself inside. "Did your forget? You told me you'd read these." he handed her a couple of books. "Are you still willing?"

Y/n smiled. "Of course! I may've lost track of time.." she placed the hat back inside the small box where the other infant clothing were being kept.

She patted the spot next to her. "Which book first?"

NOTES–

- Karino feels like a shithead

- Kotaro wants to cheer Y/n up

- Y/n will try to distance herself although Kotaro alr see's her as a friend ^_^