✭✎- ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ ݈݇⎼ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀʏ !

"I do wish you told me, sir Karino." Kotaro said after he did his lung practice with a plastic bottle. He and Karino we're chilling in the water.

"Well.. I didn't know how you'd take the news. And I was just.. looking out for you,"

"I see. Also, lady L/n said something yesterday after she told me the news."

"Hm? What did she say?"

"We don't have enough people to take part in the play.." Kotaro's teacher issued her worries while holding the parent teacher meeting. "If a few of you could help out, we—" she stopped when she saw none of the parents looking at her.

Though three people raised their hand. "O-Oh!" the teacher was surprised but grateful. "Thank you!"

"Well, I guess its up to us," Y/n said, looking over at the paper with the roles on it.

"Wittle Kotaro will be so grateful to me! I can't wait to see his faceee!"

"I'll be the broccoli."

The "dysfunctional family" took the roles needed for the play. "Veggies In Distress" it was called. Y/n and Isamu were so excited for the play, while Karino studied hard over his role as a broccoli – aka the main character in the play.

TAKE 1 🎬

"Ok, Y/n say your line."

"Aggh! I'll drown your veggies with my fatty oil!" she introduced herself like an evil villain. "Ok now go Isamu," she whispered ignoring the cramping in her abdomen.

"Save me, someone save— can i pick another role?" he asked with a red face.

Karino looked over at the roles that were needed. "Uh, you have two choices; the carrot, and the plum."

"If they don't cry 'save me' like a wuss, then I'll take it!"

TAKE 2 🎬

"Ok, next page, at the end, we'll have to sing a vegetable song—" Karino stopped his sentence with a perplexed look on his face.

Y/n nodded. "Got it. But the costumes are trash, give me... mmh about 3 days." she tapped her chin in deep thought. "The play is next week, I'll have more than enough time. But, you two need to stop by later so I can measure you."

"Alright, lets get this show on the road!" Isamu was pumped to make Kotaro happy with the play. He was gonna do his best to make the child smile.

And just like that, the week was over. Y/n had finished the costume's like she said she would. Meaning she had to decline what ever Kotaro wanted to do together, all for a surprise. She couldn't let him see the costume's yet.

"Ok, you all remembered your lines right?" she asked the two males who stood beside her in their costume's.

Karino slugged. "Yeah... you drilled it into our heads."

The teacher pulled the curtains up, letting the food people shine on stage from the bright light. "Isn't today a lovely one? These veggies look fresh and yummy!" a carrot — Isamu — picked fake cabbages out the floor as if it were a field.

"Would you like some help?" a broccoli — Karino — asked the carrot who dropped his fresh veggies on the ground.

"Yes, thank you!" the carrot and the broccoli picked up the cabbages together. Then an evil laugh came from the dark side of town.

"Hahaha! I'll drown your veggies with my fatty oil!" the evil burger — Y/n — crept out from the dark, holding a fake bottle of oil.

The broccoli stood tall and green in front of the evil burger. "You villain, the power of veggies will never die so easily."

"You've already lost!" the evil burger readied her oil, prepared for the fight. But she had already lost. They covered her with plants and she fell down dramatically. "Oh no," she frowned, tossing her arm over her head. "I've lost."

"Ha-ha! The power of veggies will always win!" the carrot pumped his fist in the air.

And now for the final part, a small song.
(stop at time stamp 1:25 )

The children sung along while clapping and jumping out their seats, Kotaro stayed in his chair and watched his friends with stars in his eyes while clapping to the beat too.

He smiled. The three on stage saw all the kids dancing around and clapping, the one that caught their attention was Kotaro smiling.

Isamu and Y/n almost shed tears, and the odd ball in this situation, Karino, was just smiling.

"Mommy that play was so fun!" the kids were now excited on eating more vegetables — even some adults!

"I am impressed." Kotaro stood in front of his friends. "The costumes look great. I expected no less from lady L/n."

"Thank you. So, did you enjoy yourself?" Y/n asked.

"Aye. The song was cool. If I eat more vegetables, do you think the vegetables will like me?"

"Your killing their friends and families," is what Y/n wanted to say. "Of course they will." she patted Koraro's hair before going to the changing room while Karino and Isamu kept Kotaro company.

"Wittle Kotaro, how come she gets to pat your hair!?" Isamu was on the verge of tears from the betrayal.

Kotaro kept his hand on his sword. "She and I are besties. It is what besties do."

"..." Isamu gasped. "Do you think we can be besties too—" he was hushed by Kotaro holding his sword at him.

"Back away!" 🤺

✦┊❧NOTES–✭↴✰

- did you enjoy this chapter? i hope you did ^_^

- added small bonding moments b/w y/n and the others

- choose or get pinched. isamu or karino '

- my imagination sure can go places...

-finally, kotaro made his decision

-the song's a bopper ngl