✭✎- ᴇɪɢʜᴛ ݈݇⎼ ᴛʜᴇ 21sᴛ !

yea sad stuff in the beginning, feel free to skip if you sensitive to topics like this

"He should be home soon.. where is he?" Y/n sat on her bed looking at her phone on the nightstand. It was late at night, her husband had yet to come home. He told her he wouldn't stay late in the office, so where was he?

It wasn't good for her to be stressing out like this, so she forgot about it and laid herself down. "It's just you and me.. again." she smiled while rubbing on her small swollen stomach. "Are you warm?" she whispered as she slowly fell asleep with her hand on her stomach.

She was suddenly awoken to a horrible pain in her stomach. "Ow!" she sat up and placed her hand on her abdomen. Pain. Pain. Pain.

Her eyes widen when she saw the blood staining on the bedsheets. 'No... please no.' she begged no one in particular. She just hoped this wasn't happening. Barely able to move, she asked Siri to call her husband. It went straight to voice mail.

So she called an ambulance and they took her to the hospital. Only to inform her of the news that she had lost her first baby. She had no one to tell the news to.. so she just sat lifelessly in the hospital bed for days till they released her.

PRESENT

The night still haunts her. Today would've been her first born's birthday. "—ady L/n? What is on your mind? Is it discussable with me?" Kotaro poked Y/n's leg with his hand.

"O-Oh... It's nothing.. I just remembered a small something from my past. Nothing big." she lied and changed the subject. "So what are you drawing?"

Kotaro put down his crayon and looked at Y/n. "Do you not feel comfortable telling me about your past? I will not make you. You just look like you want to talk about it." he had a thing for reading people, so he could tell when ever one of his friends needed an ear.

Y/n sighed but smiled. "I don't wanna bother you with my nonsense," she placed the crayon in the box and patted Kotaro's head.

"You've heard my story, did you not? It is only fair I hear yours. It is what a bestie would do." Kotaro huffed. He asked around on how to be the best bestie in the world.

Y/n took a deep breath in. "Well... today is the 21st.. the day where my first born would've been a year younger than you." Since Kotaro is now 5, Y/n's kid would've been 4.

"I see. If I may ask, would it have been a boy or a girl?"

"The gender wasn't revealed, it was still too early." Y/n replied.

"I am sorry to hear that." he handed Y/n her favorite color crayon, "Though I know the child would've been just as pretty as you are, lady L/n."

A loud thud was heard. Y/n's body fell on the floor. She laid on her back holding a crayon. "Oh my goodness, lady L/n are you okay?" Kotaro got up and rushed to get some water then ran back to Y/n's side. "Sit up,"

He carefully held Y/n's head in his lap while giving her water out a glass. "Drink please." he pleaded as he moved her kinky hair out her face.

"Thank you, Kotaro." Y/n drank the water, now getting ready to sit up. But Kotaro stopped her.

"Please do not sit up yet. This is... nice." he sat the empty glass on the floor, given that little arm couldn't reach the table.

Y/n brought her hand up and poked Kotaro's soft cheek. "Your so cute, oh my lord." their bonding time was interrupted when someone knocked on the door.

"Excuse me," Kotaro gently laid Y/n's head on the floor and went to open the door. "Sir Karino, what can I do for you?"

"There was a loud thud. What's going on in there? Did you fall? Are you hurt?"

"Oh," Kotaro looked up. "That was lady L/n, she passed out. But no worries, I took care of her."

Karino raised his eye brow and peeked inside. "Why did she pass out? Is she sick?"

"Well, I called her pretty."

"She must've gotten shy then. You just don't spout stuff out like that." Karino sweat dropped.

"You do think she's pretty? Do you not?"

"..T-That's not the topic.."

"You do? Wonderful, I will inform lady L/n of this information. I am busy, so good day sir." Kotaro closed the door before Karino could protest against what he said.

Kotaro walked back over to Y/n and sat next to her head. "Was it Karino? What did he say?" she asked.

"Well lady L/n, he think's you are pretty."

NOTES–

- Karino indeed thinks Y/n is pretty

- Kotaro enjoyed the warm feeling of being used as a pillow

- secretly, he hopes one day he'll be able to use Y/n's leg as a pillow

- Siri would be a better husband—or wife </3

- ima update again later <3