two

RINGGGGGGGGG!!!

Soobin's alarm clock had fired up meaning it was time for school again. He got out of his bed, showered, brushed his teeth, and put on some jeans and a white t-shirt.

Normal, that's how he liked it.

Not feeling too hungry, he didn't eat breakfast but made sure to pack the snacks from yesterday.
"Bye, Junnie." Soobin then walked out of the door and made his journey towards the high school that doubled as a college. It took a total of three minutes to get from his house to school.

When he entered the gates, he was welcomed by an unfamiliar sight.

"Stop it! P-please, I'm serious, let me go!" There was a tall boy with brown curly hair being pushed against a wall.
Soobin didn't have a clue as to why but something told him to stop whatever was going on. He quickly ran over there and the people pushing the boy must have thought he was threatening, enough to run away from the scene anyway.

"Hey, are you alright?" He further examined the boy and realised that his face was unfamiliar. "You look... new to the place."
The curly-haired boy beneath him looked up before sighing and responding.
"Thanks for that and, yes, I'm a transfer student! My name's Hueningkai, but you can call me Kai if you prefer."
"No problem, my name's Soobin." He looked at Hueningkai while he carried on with his self-introduction. The young boy had slight dimples when he smiled, his lips looked soft and were a baby pink colour and those eyes - they looked as if they held the world behind them.

Wow, he's beautiful. Hang on a second. You just met the guy Soobin, calm yourself down.

"Hello? Earth to Soobin?" Damn, he'd been staring for too long.
"Oh, sorry about that." The first bell rang signalling that classes were starting soon. After smiling and chuckling softly, Hueningkai left Soobin to go to Science class. Meanwhile, he slowly walked to Economics class.

Why was he feeling like this? He had only just met Hueningkai and already his heart ached in want when thinking about him. What was going on? And why?

< few hours later, at lunch >

Soobin sat down at a lunch table with four seats, one of which was occupied by his best friend, Taehyun. Ever since the two started high school together, they clung to each other like their lives depended on it. They didn't share a romantic relationship but had a strong brotherly one.

"Soobin, what's got you smiling like that?" Taehyun inquired, intrigued.
"Well, get this. Before school properly started, I met a transfer student called Hueningkai. I don't know why but I can't stop thinking about him and my heart beats so fast whenever he comes to mind!"
"... Soobin, have you, let's say, ever been in love with someone?"

Before he could respond, he was interrupted by someone walking in their direction. Soobin looked up and was greeted with that all too familiar smile that told them this lunch break would be memorable.

It was now five o'clock and he was laying on his bed, furiously blushing and reminiscing on what happened during lunch.
In the end, Hueningkai sat next to him the entirety of the time and introduced himself to Taehyun. They had all exchanged numbers and Soobin was deciding whether or not to message him.

It's now or never, Soobin. I mean, he's just like anyone else you would message so why are you even this nervous?

soobin :D - hey, is this hueningkai's number?
hyuka :> - yep, it's me! how are you?
soobin :D - sad. i've known you for quite literally a day and i already feel attached to you, ykwim?
hyuka :> - aww you're so cute <3
hyuka :> - typing...

His heart started fluttering towards the heavens.

You're so cute.

This felt so different to when Yeonjun or Taehyun or anyone would call him cute. It was the adorable Hawaiian boy who had spoken to him for less than a full day.

hyuka :> - are you doing anything this weekend?
soobin :D - no, why?
hyuka :> - well i thought that you might want to come over to my house? or me to you? ofc if you don't want to, that's fine too
soobin :D - yes, you can come to my house, kai!
hyuka :> - cool! see you on saturday, soobin!

< time skip >

It was Saturday morning and he was frantically cleaving the entire house. Usually, when the other friends he had would come over, he just leaves it as is but there was something different in the air. He was so caught up in his actions that he didn't even see his older brother Yeonjun walking downstairs.

"Soobin? What are you-"
"My friend's coming over today. His name's Hueningkai, yea I know, an uncommon name, but he's a transfer student from Hawaii and I've only known him for a few days so this is a chance to get to know him better!" He said with a singular breath.

"Hueningkai, huh. Are you sure you're, y'know, only just friends?"
Soobin thought for a moment before answering his brother's question.
"...yes?"

Yeonjun smiled at him before replying with, "Alright then, there are snacks in the pantry," and walking off into the bathroom.
A few minutes after he left, Soobin heard a soft knocking at the door. He opened it to find a smaller boy smiling at him. They looked at each other, and both started blushing slightly.
Yeonjun got out of the bathroom to greet Kai. Soobin could tell that Yeonjun thought he was gorgeous and understood why he was fond of him immediately.

"Hello, my name is Hueningkai."
"Pleased to meet you, I'm Yeonjun, I'll leave you two on your own. If you need anything, second door on the right," he said before walking away and leaving them in the hall.
Immediately afterwards, Soobin ushered Hueningkai to go upstairs and he obliged.

This is going to be a long day.