seventeen

The next morning, Soobin awoke fearfully and suddenly from a nightmare he had. He was quite surprised that he could recall most of the events but he remembered that Hueningkai had been taken away from him by his ex-boyfriend. Luckily for him, that wasn't the reality he faced and that the angelic Hueningkai was quietly snoozing away next to him.

Except that wasn't the truth. He was gone.

A sudden wave of remorse washed over him as he opened his slightly damaged phone and was greeted with the lock screen of him and his lover. He always blamed himself for everything that happened and this time was no different. All the vocabulary in the world wasn't nearly enough to describe just how much he craved to see the bright smile of his love just one last time. What was reborn as a phoenix in the ashes was quickly diminished into a weak dependent flame.

Soobin's phone buzzed for the first time that day and once the message was opened, he slowly read to himself.

tae <3: hey soobin, i went back to mine and i'm trying to track hyuka's phone with my computer. just making sure you're okay? also, try and message him as much as you can, thanks </3

As he read, tears started coming out one by one. Soobin was sick of crying so much that his eyes turned red from the action and his under eyes were becoming puffy, but he couldn't stop, and it hurt so bad.

His empty hands continuously shook as he realised there was an unread message from Hueningkai sent early before he woke up. He wasn't able to open it fast enough and it read:

hueningkai: hey. i don't know where i am right now, but please promise me that you're not going to get hurt anymore, okay? you can go with your father, whatever, just please stay safe in the west, my love. i don't know what sunwoo will do, but he's insane because of me, i guess that's my fault? i love you, soobin, bye.

Kai had given up, and he thought that Soobin should too. Breaking point. The pain he was currently experiencing was just unfathomable.

To anyone out there, what have I done so wrong?

A few minutes later, the bedroom door recoiled against the wall as it was slammed open by a determined and breathless Taehyun, gazing sorrowfully on his bestest friend.

"Soobin." The younger one put a hand on his shoulder. "I know where he is. We're getting him back. I also know some people who can help us."
"How did you...?" Soobin questioned with a rapidly deteriorating voice. Of course, he'd known that Taehyun was smart, everyone did, but this was a lot to ask.
"Thank me later, we need to go to the police station."

"How can I help you two?" The police officer at the counter asked. While Soobin entrusted Taehyun with the talking, it would be a lie to say he wasn't feeling slightly intimidated.
"I need to talk with the seven," Taehyun answered. The woman was quite surprised but nonetheless led the pair to the backroom.

Inside sat three of the powerful auras Soobin had ever felt. The first one was slightly shorter than the other two but something about him was straight entrancing. God, if he had never met Hueningkai, Soobin would have thought he was sent right from heaven. Gold earrings, messy pink hair, sparkling eyes and clothes reeking of expensive perfumes. The nametag on the man's shirt told Soobin the man's name - Park Jimin.

The second had a more innocent looking face but everything else about him was completel the opposite. White shirt with the top buttons undone, multiple piercings going up his ears, occupied with silver earrings, matching his lengthy black hair. An emerald necklace donned his neck and he had a black jacket on top of his broad shoulders. In addition to this, his right arm was completely filled with a variety of tattoos of all different colours. His nametag read Jeon Jungkook.