eleven

He got out of his state of shock and looked down at the ground, seeing his lover lying down, no sign of morality could be seen. There was pure heartbreak, anger and disbelief frothing in a large cauldron of problems inside of him. To think that a few minutes before he had promised Kai that he would never leave him again and this was the result of time. He fell to his knees, a fountain of the purest emotion flowing out of him; he didn't care about his father, America or anyone else at that moment in time. The one thing he cared about was Hueningkai. However, that thing was eternally resting.

"You're a damn psycho, the both of you," Yeonjun whispered in disbelief, desperately eyeing his younger brother who was mindlessly bawling his eyes out. "Get out of my house."
"Soobin..." his father walked up to him and hugged him from the back.
"Come back with me, I can't stand living without you anymore. Plus, with your older brother gone, you won't be alone anymore. Also, he isn't dead, those bullets just knock you out for a couple hours." To this news, Hueningkai's mother gasped; she wanted her son dead.
"W-Well I'm not lonely, I have Hueningkai...let me go." However, the mans grip only tightened.

"Soobin... we used to be so close, don't you remember? Back when Yeonjun and your mother would make us laugh with all the silly things they did. Well, it was for a reason and I realised that when I went to America. It was to make us happy, and to keep us together." Soobin had it with him. He got out of his grip and faced him head-on.
"We weren't happy and we still aren't."
The man let out a long sigh and stood up hand in hand with Kai's mother.

"I'll be back, Soobin, see you later."
"Oh, and make sure to tell Kai that his father is gone, I chased him away." The woman let out a shrill cackle and together they left the house.

"Jun, we need to go to the hospital. I can't lose my- him."

****************

He sat next to Kai's hospital bed, admiring his beautiful face as the only sound which could be heard was speaking outside. Prior, he had texted Lea and Bahiyyih who had come to visit and admitted they felt in danger so the two were going to stay at a friend's house for a while.

Maybe I should message one of his friends...?
He opened the phone again with the password 134340 and was met with the home screen of the two sharing a dessert. A faint rush of happiness washed over him as he went to the messages app. At the top of his recent was a new text sent yesterday.
It read, "come back, i know you miss me too :)"

At first, Soobin's human respectability took over and decided to respect his - basically - boyfriend's privacy, but shortly afterwards a more jealous side took over and he opened the message to be met with a conversation.

sw: hey, kai! miss me?
hk: uhm who's this?
sw: ah well it's understandable, i haven't seen you since that day you ran out on me in hawaii
hk: fuck
hk: how did you get my number you fucking weirdo
sw: language my love + i have my sources :)
sw: anyway, i'm in seoul now so i can't wait to see you again lol
hk: *one attachment* - tap to open

sw: hey, kai! miss me?hk: uhm who's this?sw: ah well it's understandable, i haven't seen you since that day you ran out on me in hawaiihk: fuckhk: how did you get my number you fucking weirdosw: language my love + i have my sources :)sw: anyway, i...

hk: please don't call me ml + ig you're a bit too late haha :)
sw: who's that?
hk: pretty much my boyfrienddd
sw: i mean i'd tell you to forget about him but oh well
sw: don't worry i'll deal with you then get rid of him :D

yesterday at 1:27am

sw: come back, i know you miss me too :)

As if in sync with the atmosphere of the room, the light shining above the two slowly dimmed. Soobin felt confused - who was this person and what did he want with Kai? Anger - if this person was who he thought he was, he would never see daylight again. But most of all, panic - Hueningkai started to stir and he couldn't move.

"Hmph...Soobin? What happened? Are you okay? Why do you have my phone-" His pupils widened as he understood what had happened.
"Oh."
"I'll kill him if he dares to lay a finger on you. I refuse to lose you again."
Kai would be lying if he said he didn't find that slightly attractive. Of course, he understood the situation at hand but there was something about his lover getting mad that was so...fulfiling.

"Soobin, do you...love me?" Kai felt the sides of his face grow hotter by the power of Soobin's hands.
"Kai. I love you more than anything, even myself. When she shot you, it felt like the entire world had just crumbled beneath my feet in an instant. It's indescribable and I can't say it enough how much I love you-" Hueningkai grabbed Soobin by the collar with his weak arm and their lips met. He bit down and took that as a chance to briefly explore his inner caverns. The two separated and Hueningkai smiled lustfully.

"Be my boyfriend."
"I thought you would never ask," Soobin replied with a smile.