three

"So...uh...this is my room but... treat it as your own," Soobin said, slightly stuttering.
He had said that so Hueningkai could do things freely without making the atmosphere uncomfortable. Kai did relax, not because of what he said, but because of who said it.

The pair lay down next to each other on the bed, both facing each other and blushing very slightly. Hueningkai began to look around the room and his eyes landed on a photo standing on the bedside table.

In the picture was a toddler, holding an infant Yeonjun's hand. Behind them were their mother and father. The woman had short dark blue hair, slight freckles and a beautiful physical appearance. The man next to her, on the other hand, had brown hair, broad shoulders and large arms.

"Hey Soobin, this is a pretty photo, are these your parents?"
"Well, yes but... my mother passed away and my father left us. Yeonjun is the one who looks after me."
Kai's small smile completely disappeared. "Oh, I'm very sorry."
"Don't be, it happened years ago, I'm over it."

The two sat in comfortable silence for a few seconds basking in each other's presence.
"I hope you don't mind me saying this but your mother was beautiful."
"....yeah, she was." Soobin pulled the younger boy into his chest and started playing with his hair. Hueningkai responded by stroking his free hand. This lasted a few minutes until Soobin got up to get snacks from the pantry - they decided to watch one of the many movies he had in his collection.
When he came back, he saw Kai sprawled across the bed face down, instantly becoming concerned.

"Kai...?"
"I-I'm sorry. It's just that... I know what it's like to have someone who just leaves you when you need them most."
"Oh, how so?"
Hueningkai sat up and faced Soobin, his eyes flooded with tears, and the elder could already feel himself sympathizing.

"Well, I and my mother don't exactly have the best of relationships. We used to though. Every day would be just filled with happiness and all-around positivity. But when I came out to her, everything changed. She told me I wasn't accepted as her son, for weeks she wouldn't talk to me at all and the only consultants I had were my sisters and my father. He did what a parent should but my mother... well, anyway, I hate to talk about it."

"Kai, I'm so sorry. You don't deserve that at all, you're far too precious for that." At that point, Hueningkai's face couldn't have been a deeper shade of red. Soobin put his hand on Hueningkai's face and brought him even closer than they already were. They were mere seconds away from embracing each other when Kai's phone buzzed in his pocket.
It was a text from his father telling him he had to come home. Both of them got up from the bed and walked each other to the front door.

"I had fun with you, thanks for letting me stay over."
"No problem, we can finish what we left off another time." He whispered into Kai's ear before waving bye and closing the door. Kai felt his heart going haywire as he walked down the steps of the house.