Narcotics Can't Swim and Neither Can He.

"Water's getting colder let me in your ocean

"Water's getting colder let me in your ocean."
Swim
Chase Atlantic

Walking along the dirt road path George stuck close to Dream's side as they cleared the woods. In the distance, the low rhythmic beat of party music shook pebbles that Dream kicked in front of him wholly to see George scowl at the action. Life had small fruitful amusements.

At the mouth of the lake, a large popup trailer camped between barbed wire fences. This is where a few seemingly clocked-out policemen stood guard to the party. The only reason they could tell each was off the record were the blatant bottles of beer in their hands. Dream hooked a finger around George's belt chain and tugged him closer, careful not to lose him within the crowd. The older man didn't protest. A police officer checked their wrist bands eyeing the pair before opening up the wall to let them pass.

"Woah," George said almost immediately. Dream couldn't help but agree.

The main attraction of the night was the lake. People littered the water from the shallow edge to the deep middle where gigantic mushroom structures sat glowing. Along the sandbank miniature versions of the fungus dug diligently into specifically colored sand. Every color of the rainbow was easy to find in the lake either with the people or the greenery itself. George bushed up against his shoulder when a group pushed past them. Dream gawked a little.

The girls were dressed in bikinis made for Coachella with the amount of glitter reflecting off them. And the boys here looked like runway models if Dream had an opinion to input. He let out a low whistle and looked down at the two of them.

They may be celebrities but their drenched and painted fits were anything compared to these lake goers.

"We are underdressed," Dream said.

George eyes a man nude walk by with an excuse of glitter cloth to cover his genitalia, "or overdressed really."

Dream snickered and followed George up to the water.

The party was filled with people, each scattered enough in small groups to give easy walking space to the sand. Dream unlaced his shoes and tied them together. George stood next to him severely dumbstruck.

"What?"

He sputtered, "are you actually swimming?"

"Yeah," Dream eyed the water. It looked cold and refreshing compared to the New Orleans humidity they currently suffered. Besides, the paint on his left arm was starting to dry and cause a scarce itch up to his shoulder. "Everyone else is in the water. You coming?"

"Erm..." George looked at the lake and took a hasty step back. "Seems cold."

It was an odd reaction for someone who seemed too keen on coming a few minutes prior but Dream let him have his excuse. Instead, he shrugged and reached for the hem of his shirt. Rolling it up and over his head, he stuffed the end into one of his shoes. The jeans were next, easily slipped off to leave him clad in black boxers, Dream turned back to George.