Documents

"Oh, won't you take me home?"Take Me HomeBebe Rexha

Take Me Home
Bebe Rexha

"I just got back from rehab why are you guys taking me on a wilderness retreat!"

Dream's breath came out stunted and heavy as they stepped up a hill of rocks, Quackity and Karl practically frolicked over them. Six months of withdrawal and no exercise besides brisk walks was Dream's damning point. Every step felt like absolute hell but at least the view was pretty.

Somewhere close to a big lake they drove the car up and carried tents on their back as they followed the trail to fresh water. The trees stood tall in each passing moment and Dream stopped to admire them every so minutes... not because he was out of breath.

"Because, it's the anniversary of our band." With the nasty 4-week unwashed beanie and a determined expression, Quackity presented himself as king of the rock with Karl his close knight. "We were camping when we decided to do this the first time you know."

"Plus, doctors said you need fresh air." Despite the jab, Sapnap came up behind him and lifted the heavy sleeping bag bundles from Dream's shoulders. "According to them you scribbled in that notebook in your room rather than took walks outside."

"I wasn't allowed outside."

Karl skipped a rock toward the lake now visible as they approached, "did you ask?"

Dream's steps faltered for a moment before a bristled expression overtook his cheeks. Annoyed and sweating he replied, "no."

"Mans didn't even fucking ask," Quackity muttered. A finger poked into Dream's side. "Come on buddy we're tent-mates so that the lovers can screw under candlelit moonlight."

Dream sniggered while Sapnap dug into their bandmate. Insults flying like the frisbee a few feet away. A collection of younger kids sought after it moments later.

And maybe they were right. This was good for him. The air and nature. There was no social media at the touch of his fingertips here. Nothing to read about his recent news blowout, because it had gotten out. His relapse. The tragic overdose. It wasn't pretty on the internet and Dream was already stressed enough about it. So, yeah, being in the remote campsite with others that were earthly granola people was nice.

Their tents were set up facing each other around a small circle campfire that Sapnap was starting. Rather recklessly not to mention. Dream realized that the leaves around the pit had seemed to keep a flame better than the actual firewood. He shook his head.

"Dumbass." Beneath his breath, Quackity muttered bluntly about Sapnap's misfortune then turned to Dream. The singer raised a brow ready for whatever honest question he was about to receive by this... look.

"So, how was rehab since everyone else has tripped around asking you"

Dream smiled, "like prison."

"Did they feed you shlop and let you fight in underground boxing rings?"
His voice lifted at than pointing out stupid curiosity. "Or like have a crazy roommate?"