Picasso, Van Gogh, Monet, Da Vinci...

"Take your time enjoy it

"Take your time enjoy it. Every fleeting moment"
Fever Dream
Mxmtoon

The words went in one ear and out the other. His management team was pissed. It was eyeliner but, even if the crowd loved it, press did not. The headlines were already blown to pieces and Dream had only been off stage for thirty minutes. His band stopped in the doorway to send him sympathy. Little sweat balls of understanding but it only branded humiliation into his cheeks.

"What were you thinking?" The middle aged woman The Sex Havers liked to call prissy, eyed him like he was no more than a dim sided idiot. "You know we have a makeup crew for a reason?"

Dream opened his mouth to explain just to be cut off, "not to mention the way you were distracted during the entire show. You've sung these songs all tour without fail, what's different now? Why did you miss your cue in the first two songs?"

Brown eyes and a painted neck grinning at him from the barricades came to mind.

A hurt noise came from Karl at the door, so Dream gripped the wood and shut the hinge to cut them off. If he was going to get chewed out he'd do it alone. It was his own doing anyway.

Their manager's dog yipped at him when he tried to speak again. Wagging it's tail and growling as if it wasn't half foot wide. That was enough to tell him to shut up permanently. That's what usually happened anyways, they talked and the band obeyed.

"Do you know how bad this could look for the band?"

"Did you even consider the consequences before doing this."

"They are teenagers who want a perfect show, if they realize we can't give it to them, where will we be?"

"Dream," Prissy scoffed, "we run like a well oiled machine and if the conductor of the show, our lead singer, can't get it together the entire train falls apart. You've already had Sapnap defect this month we don't need you making matters worse."

Dream's bandmates were already packed onto the tour bus by the time his debriefing concluded. In his dressing room a pair of causal, but still photo worthy, clothes laid on-top of his chair. And on the vanity desk sat George grinning at him like a cat, Dream barely spared him a glance.

"So," George tilted his head, "I'm hungry, are you?"

"No." Dream's shirt came up and over his hair presenting a clean chest to George. Nothing but soft plains of skin and the dip of hips as far as the eye could see, but as he turned to reach for another shirt it presented itself. A small two dot tattoo, finished with a smile line below the round of his shoulder.

"Boring," the drummer eyed him while he changed. Gaze hot on the lines of his body. "Whatever, we can skip that I want to go to-"

"I'm not coming with you." The words struck down George's elation and replaced it with contempt. Dream needed a hot shower and a door to lock himself behind for the next few days. Management was clear with how thin his ice was.