Welcome to London

"You were lied to

"You were lied to."
Mess It Up
Gracie Abrams

⚠️Mentions drugs and an Overdose discussion. Not graphic still stay safe⚠️

"Can I talk to her?"

Dream pressed his back steady against his hotel mattress. Both feet planted firmly into the ground to steady the vertigo his body offered him. It was brutal feeling so helpless on his own accord. Severed by the ties of his own creation he was lost in a sea of white lines, heavy liquor, and heartbreak.

"Hello."

He smiled at the grin already present in her voice. It'd been months and he'd sent her pictures of street signs or of people but they hadn't spoken in forever.

"Hey, Drista. It's your favorite older brother speaking." Her eye roll was drowned out by the blatant gasp and overflow of questions. So many he couldn't answer, so many he could, too many. "Alright alright, take a breath."

"So, where are you?"

He watched a red rooftop bus pass by the window with the sunsetting in the sky, "take a guess."

An ache in his chest bothered him. Twitching and begging for release, he was waiting. Killing time until the next hit. His sister was a perfect distraction and besides this was her favorite place.

"Paris?"

"Close."

"France?"

"Paris and France are practically the same place."

She scoffed cold then audibly gasped, "you're in England!"

"I am," fond and brutal and burning, he agreed. It was hard missing his family, staying away all the time when his siblings were still home. He left because of his parents not because of them, but sometimes when he was alone and high off of powder, he wondered if they hated him for leaving them. For getting out of the toxicity condoned by their parents. If they envied him or thought wistfully for his new life. "You'd love it here."

"Have you done the Underground? Or gone to Piccadilly Circus? I hate that I couldn't come with you! You suck!"

The laugh was lifeless, hollow, "I haven't. I'm stuck in the hotel. No roaming, managers rules."

"Aww," his sister said. "Well, I love all the pictures you've been sending. Australia looked amazing. The weird water building!"

"It's an opera house, actually."

"It's so cool!" She was babbling about photos and people before Dream's heart stuttered to a hefty stop. "And since when are you best friends with the cutest drummer in 3:15?"

"What?"

"George?" She asked flat in her sweet impatient flair. "You sent me a picture of him eating some kind of donut while I was with my friends and we all freaked out."