18.

"Elliott!!!"

"Jude!!!"

And just like that my world came crashing down. The stadium where the last match was supposed to commence went up in flames. Explosions echoed in my ears as I saw the love of my life trapped under the flames and steel. What am I supposed to do? What can I do?

*Earlier that day*

We were all at the stadium and getting prepared for the final match. Since we had a bit of time left before the match started, I asked coach Travis If I could go talk to Jude. He said yes and I was about to leave when Mark pulled me aside.

"I know you've been seeing Jude behind our backs Elliott."

My blood ran cold but he soon started laughing. He didn't look as mad as I thought he would. Instead he patted my shoulder and told me to say hi for him. He must really miss Jude... Mark wasn't the same joyful person he always was when Jude left.

Despite that he still puts a smile on his face and tries to make other people happy. I really admire him for that, it's funny how the most annoying people become one of your biggest inspirations.

"Sure I'll do that..."

I took me a few minutes to actually find Jude waiting outside the V.I.P area but it was worth. As soon as he spotted me, he signalled me over. With a calm smile I approached him a greeted him, Celia and Dionne who were trying to hide the fact that they're easedropping. I greeted them as the two girls shyly came out and greeted me kindly, I'm very glad I was able to mend my friendship with Celia.

"Hey, Elliott hope you don't waste too much time here. You still have to play you know," Celia teased as she and Dionne went to take their seats.

"How you've been Elliott? Are you ready for the match?" Jude asked wheeling himself towards me. I looked him directly in the eyes and smiled.

"Are you doubting me Mr. Sharp. I am Elliott Ember 'The Demon of the Pitch' after all. Let's not forget you created this monster," He looked unimpressed by my statement. Sighing he turned away but then said unexpected. I've been longing to hear those words ever since I first layed eyes on him.

"Maybe after today we could go out just the two of us... What do you say?" I couldn't hold back any longer.

"Jude I-"

But then the stadium where the last match was supposed to be held started going up in flames. There were explosions everywhere. People's screams could be heard echoing through the halls as civilians tried to escape. Then there was an explosion right above Jude. The beams that were above him and I came crashing down..And just like that my world came crashing down. The stadium where the last match was supposed to commence went up in flames. Explosions echoed in my ears as I saw the love of my life trapped under the flames and steel. What am I supposed to do? What can I do?

"Elliott!!"

"Jude!!"

The last thing I saw before blacking out was Jude covered in blood and bruises, being carried away in the flames by an unknown man, I assume it was a firefighter.

***

When I eventually woke up I was greeted by a white light. I sat up and looked around, I was in a hospital room with a bunch of gifts and flowers around me.

'What happened?'

"Oh you're awake that's great. I'll go get the doctor for you sir," the nurse said before getting my doctor but wait... This can't be happening.

*5 years later*

___________________________________

Hope you guys enjoyed!! The book will be coming to an end very soon 🙂, so stay tuned!! As always what are your thoughts on the chapter.

What do you think happened within those 5 year timeline? Who else was effected by the incident in Russia?