Chapter 7

Daphne

The hotel room I'm staying in, which is right next to Mason's, is so fancy. I've never stayed in a hotel this fancy before. I usually ended up in crappy motels, this was a five star hotel in New York City.

We had gotten here at around 9:30 this morning and Mason told me I should take some time to get some rest. I slept until noon when Mason had room service send up food to my room. I watched a movie while I ate and then I took a hot bath in the soaking tub. I felt so spoiled.

Anyways, now it's 3:00 and I have three and a half hours to get ready. I opened the closet and just like Mason said, there were three dresses hanging for me to choose from. The first dress was a grey/blue satin dress that dropped right to the floor. It was v-necked with spaghetti straps and a leg slit. It fit nicely and wasn't too over the top. The second dress was a navy blue strapless dress. The stomach part was see through and had boning in it. The last dress was black. It had a strap on only one shoulder and was fairly simple other than that.

After careful consideration, I decided on the first dress. It fit nice and I liked it better than the other ones. The boning in the second dress was uncomfortable and the third dress just wasn't my style.

I put a robe on while I styled my hair and did my makeup. I made three thin braids on each side of my head and tied them together in the back of my head. I let the rest of my hair stay down and I styled my waves to make them look nicer. I used more makeup than I usually did, but not too much more. I used a neutral eyeshadow with silver accents and did a simple line of eyeliner with a small wing. I brushed on my usual mascara and topped off the look with some blush and a nude pink lipstick.

Once I had my hair and makeup just how I wanted them, I went back into the bedroom and put my dress back on. All of the accessories I needed were also in the closet. I put on a pair of silver high block heels and opened the jewelry case. I gasped when I saw all of the contents. It was beautiful, I didn't deserve to wear this, but still I picked out two silver bracelets and a pair of diamond earrings. The last thing I needed was a handbag and there was a wide variety. I picked one that matched and put my phone, my debit card, and some makeup for touch ups inside.

I was right on time for myself which was actually a half hour early so I sat gently on the bed and waited for Mason to come get me. I smoothed my dress before opening the door and Mason's jaw dropped. Did I look that bad? I thought I looked ok. He certainly looked good in his tuxedo.

"Do I look ok? I can go change dresses or fix my hair-"

"You look perfect," Mason cut off my rambling and I blushed. He thought I looked good? Well that's good. At least I don't look bad.

"Thank you," I replied and found my gaze dropping to the floor.

Mason took my hand and led me downstairs to an awaiting limousine. The driver opened the door for us and Mason held my hand as I stepped inside and he stepped in after.

"I feel like a whole different person today," I said absentmindedly.

"How so?" Mason asked.

"I've just never experienced this side of life before. I feel so lucky that I get to see it today. Thank you."

"I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. You deserve the world," Mason said and I blushed. He could be so sweet sometimes.

"There are probably going to be paparazzi outside when we get there. I forgot to mention it earlier, sorry. Just ignore them and stick with me," Mason said when the limo stopped. I nodded and the driver opened the door. Mason stepped out first before offering me his hand to help me out. I took it and he was right, there were a lot of paparazzi. Mason led me through with a hand on my lower back. I heard them shouting questions at Mason, but I just kept walking until we were safely inside and I let out a sigh of relief.