Chapter 15

Daphne

Kat was waiting for me when I got home. She was spending the night tonight. I spilled all the details of my date with Mason when she asked and I was practically gushing.

"That's so cute," Kat said and put a hand over her heart.

"That was the most thoughtful thing anyone has ever done for me."

"He really loves you. He'd do anything for you," Kat said.

"Yeah, I know," I admitted and bit my bottom lip.

"But next time you're bringing me. I've always wanted to ride a horse."

"Ok," I giggled. Steve said I could come any time I wanted so I'd definitely be going back. I loved having horses back in my life.

Kat and I changed into pajamas and sat on the couch to watch rom coms while we ate ice cream straight from the carton. I wouldn't tell this to anyone, but this was my first sleepover. When I was young, I was too scared to sleep away from home and I never had friends come over to spend the night and then my parents died and I didn't have the opportunity.

Kat and I fell asleep on the couch in a blanket fort we made. She was on one side and I was on the other with both of our heads in the corner seat.

"I brought donuts!" Mason's voice woke me up and I jolted up into the blanket fort making it fall down onto me and Kat.

"What happened," Kay said groggily.

Mason was laughing as we fought our way out of the blankets.

"You could've helped," Kat said to Mason as she angrily took a donut. I giggled and got myself a donut.

"Thanks for the donuts," I said to Mason.

We ate the donuts together and Kat made coffee to go with them.

"Ugh, I love donuts," I moaned.

Mason chuckled and I shot him a glare. He put his hands up in mock surrender.

"Hey! I just thought it was cute."

"Mhm," I said but couldn't keep the smile from coming onto my face. Mason leaned down and kissed me and I kissed him back eagerly.

"Woah! Still here!" Kat exclaimed and we pulled apart.

"Yeah. Why is that?" Mason asked and Kat stuck her tongue out at him. I couldn't help but giggle.

"You guys want to go out to lunch with me and Danny?" Mason asked and Kat perked up.

"Sure!" We both agreed.

"Wait. I don't have anything to wear," Kat groaned.

"You can borrow something of mine," I told her and we ran back to my room to get ready.

It was December and I'd learned that Boston got really cold. I didn't mind most of the time as long as I dressed warm.

I chose a long sleeve dress that went down to my knees and a pair of tall boots. Kat added a scarf to complete the look and I looked at what she was wearing.

She had borrowed a sweater and re-wore the jeans she had on last night. I was shorter than Kat so my jeans didn't fit her.

Once we were ready, we went back out to see both Mason and Danny in the kitchen.

"Hello beautiful," Danny said to Kat when she walked over to him. They kissed and Mason rolled his eyes while I giggled.

Mason walked over to me and placed his hands on my waist.

"You look absolutely stunning," he said and I felt myself blush. I was always blushing around him.

"Everyone ready?" Danny asked and we all went out to Mason's car. I got shotgun being Mason's girlfriend and all which left Kat and Danny in the back.

We went to a cute cafe about five minutes from my apartment. I went here one time because I thought the decor was cute but then it turned out they had really good food too.

We ordered and sat down at a table by the window. We all talked about random stuff and it was fun. I really liked this group of people.

I found out that Danny and Mason had been friends since high school, but hated each other in middle school. Apparently they were enemies until they bonded over a science project. True love.

I felt so at home with these guys. They accepted me and were all so kind. I don't know what I did to deserve them.

We finished our meal with to go coffees and walked around together for a while. It was fun. We had no destination, just walking to spend more time with each other. It felt like a family. Something I've always wanted.