Epilogue

Daphne

I was pacing back and forth with nerves. I couldn't help it, today was a big day. The biggest day of my life. What if I messed up?

"You're going to be fine," Kat assured me and sat me down to do my hair and makeup.

She put my hair up into a fancy updo with little white flowers accenting the look. My makeup was on the more natural side as usual and it didn't take long for Kat to finish.

"Will you help me with my dress?" I asked and Kat smiled warmly.

"Of course."

Martha also came over to help me. She and Kat had been with me all day, helping me to get ready.

I stepped into the dress and Martha and Kat zipped me up.

I had bought an off the shoulder lace gown that flared out at my waist. The train was long and had flower decals going up. It was beautiful. I wish my mom were here to see me.

Tears filled my eyes at that thought but I blinked them back. I didn't want to ruin my makeup.

"What's wrong sweetie?" Martha asked me and rubbed my arms.

"Nothing." I didn't want to sound ungrateful for all of her help.

"You wanna give me an answer I'll believe?"

"I just wish my parents were here," I whispered.

Martha pulled me in for a hug.

"I know sweetie, but they will be here. They'll be watching their beautiful, amazing daughter from Heaven. And I know it's not the same, but I'm so excited to have you as my daughter in law. You can come to me for anything."

"Thank you Martha."

I took a deep breath and readied myself. Kat had gotten into her dress, a simple dark green mermaid style dress. She would be my maid of honor, the only bridesmaid I needed. Danny was best man too so it was perfect.

We walked out of the room we had used to get ready and Martha gave me a hug before going to take her seat inside the church.

"You ready?" Kat asked me.

"I feel like I'm going to throw up, but yes."

The door to the church opened slightly and Fredrick stepped out.

"I heard you might need someone to walk you down the aisle."

"Really?"

"I'd love nothing more."

I hugged Fredrick and thanked him. I didn't want to do this alone and now I didn't have to.

The music started inside the church and the doors opened for Kat to walk through. I took a deep breath and placed my hand into the crook of Fredrick's arm.

"You'll do great," he said right before the door opened.

All eyes were on me but the only pair I saw were Mason's. He was waiting for me at the end of the aisle and suddenly, I couldn't wait to get there.

Fredrick walked me down the aisle and kissed my cheek before letting me go. I took mason's hand and stepped up to face him.

"You look absolutely beautiful," he whispered to me and I blushed.

The priest started the ceremony and all I could focus on were Mason's eyes. It came time for vows and Mason and I had written our own.

"Daph. From the moment I met you I knew you were something special and it didn't take long for me to fall. You have the most beautiful soul of anyone I've ever met and I'm amazed every day by your kindness and generosity. You are the strongest woman I know and I am so excited to call you my wife."

I was close to tears, but I blinked them back as Mason slipped the wedding band onto my finger.

"Mason, you were my saving grace. From the moment you met me, you took care of me and made sure I was safe. I didn't think I would ever get to this day, but then I met you and I couldn't help but fall in love with you. You are the most amazing person I've ever met and I can't wait to be your wife."

I slipped Mason's wedding band onto his finger and we held hands.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Mason wasted no time and swept me into his arms, placing his lips on mine. The kiss was soft and sweet, my lips practically melted into Mason's. We pulled apart and everyone was cheering. I smiled the brightest smile I ever had as Mason and I walked back down the aisle.

"I love you husband."

"I love you wife."