after class

Y/N POV
I sit in class just catching up on some emails and student loans. I already finished the task that was given to us to compete, and was using the remaining time to do my own stuff. The class is coming to an end and I start packing up my things to leave.

"Hey y/n I've got a class after this but wanna grab lunch together later" Kate asks me while repeating my actions

"Sure that sounds greats, I'm gonna stop by home to change but text me where you wanna meet"

"Perfect, uhh I'm kinda craving italian, you in?"

"Yes perfect"

We both head to the door and I walk her to her next class, which is in the neighbouring building. I walk over to central park sitting down on my favorite bench. I love to people watch from here. watching all the couples walking together, and the families playing together. I usually get reminded of how lonely I am. I stop looking around when I notice a mom, with a baby in the stroller sitting across the path. I chuckle as I make goofy faces at them, which makes the child giggle. Ugh I have such a love-hate relationship with kids, but I'm sure I want them one day... woah you're thinking too far ahead calm down... no babies anytime soon please.

Looking at the time, I head to the subway to get to our favorite Italian place. It's owned by a lovely couple who immigrated here and it's one of Kates' and mine favorite places to eat. The atmosphere is always just perfect.

I shoot Kate a text that I'm here and go sit at a comfy two seat spot by the window. One of the owners, Laura, welcomes me in and goes to grab some breadsticks while I wait. I'm a regular here as well so we know each other quite well. She's also great for advice, kinda like a second mom when you need some comfort. My parents work far away, abroad, so coming here is like coming home, a very family friendly environment.

"Hey darling, do you want me to start up in your usuals?" She asks in her subtle italian accent

"Yes that would be perfect, how is your day so far? Has Bianca been causing any trouble?" I ask with some mischief in my voice.

"You know her, always going in places where we can't find her, but I'm sure she'll come out soon, she always senses when you come," she says with a wink at the end.

Bianca is their elderly cat, who I adore. She is a white cat, with a couple black spots, one of which is shaped like a heart. It's adorable. As if she knew I was thinking about her, she walks out and crawls in my lap. I gently start petting her, which makes her settle down and purr.

"Hey y/n I hope I didn't make you wait"

"KATE, jeez I didn't notice you" I slightly jumped since I was too focused on my own world.

"I see biancas been keeping you company"  she says pointing to my lap. "That's right you're such a cutie" she says to reach over to pet her.

"I told Laura to get our usuals, I hope you don't mind"

"Oh that's perfect I'm starving" she responds while picking up a breadstick. "Now, I wanna know more about today morning, did you really meet her?"

"I mean yes, but I kinda ran off, cause you know professor Evans. Now that I think of it, it was quite rude of me, because she kept insisting on repaying me for the coffee"

"I wouldn't mind getting a coffee from an Olsen," Kate says, adding a wink at the end. "Is she as pretty as she is in her movies?"

"Oh yes, she's drop dead gorgeous" I say and feel my face heat up as I begin to think of her. "You know I've always had a minor celebrity crush on her" I saw while rolling my eyes.

"Minor?" she says with a scoff "The bitch has you on your knees. We watched age of ultron AT LEAST 7 times, I don't mind though, emo Wanda is hot"

I don't respond and just look down at the purring cat in my lap. I don't want Kate to notice how my cheeks are burning up, that would be a hell lot of teasing. As if Laura knew I needed saving, I felt the smell of fresh pasta tickle my nose.

"Here you go ladies, let me know if you need anything else"

"Thanks so much Laura I'm sure it's amazing as usual" Kate responds

I just smiled and went straight to eat. I'm super hungry since skipping breakfast is part of the usual routine for me. As usual the pasta was delicious and I was very full now. Kate and I sit around for a bit before we both decide to head home.

As I fumble with my keys in the door, I hear soft yapping from the other side. As soon as I open the door Luna comes flying at me. She's my Australian shepherd and a huge attention seeker. Ever since quarantine, we've been having slight separation anxiety but it's been getting better as we get back to our regular routines. I quickly give her all the hugs and cuddles she needs to know that I'm back and safe. I got Luna for my 18th birthday, before I knew I got into NYU. It was quite a hassle bringing a fairly large dog to New York, but we made it work for Luna and I wouldn't have it any other way. And Kate was the first person she liked apart from me. She's very protective and rarely warms up to people, especially men.

"Kate, can you feed her tonight? I wanna head to the gym in a bit"

"Yeh, sure no problem"

I head to my room and change into some fitting clothes. The gym is always a relaxing place for me. I love to run away from my problems and the gym is a perfect place to get out any emotions. When I used to go to regular therapy, we found out that it's one of my comfort places where I can just focus on myself. And as much as I hate sport and hate to exercise, the after feeling is the best. I get lost in my own music and focus on getting myself worn out.

-

I come back home all worn out and tired. I quickly hop in the shower and head to bed. Before falling asleep I respond to some texts and make sure all my alarms are turned on. I snooze off when I feel Luna cuddle up beside me.

As I open my eyes I see bright green orbs staring into mine. Her perfect face. Her perfect curls sitting on her shoulders. The familiar feeling of home and safety fills my body when all the sudden it disappears.

Suddenly I am very awake, I sit up looking around my dark room, seeing that it's just me, myself and I. I tap on my phone at 3:27 AM... did I seriously just dream of ...her? I fall back into my pillow falling back asleep quickly, but this time I fall asleep thinking of ...her.

--------------

A/N
I hope you enjoyed this chapter, it's just kinda like a filler chapter so not much action yet :)
Next chapter will be fridays lesson, and it will be much longer I'll try to get it out as soon as possible.

Have a good day and drink some water <3

-K