phone call

Y/N POV
Kate asked me to cover dinner tonight, and being the amazing friend I am, that's exactly what I did. I attempted not to burn the kitchen down, which was hard but was able to manage. I was able to cook some chicken with a side of salad. Simple and easy.

I asked Kate if I should wait up and she said no, so I just went over and plated myself some food. I rarely sit down to have a meal, always having something on the go or nothing at all. Now I know that's not healthy but the hustle dont stop.

I hear Luna barking at the door, meaning that Kate is on the other side. In a couple seconds I hear a loud "HONEY IM HOME".

"YOU KNOW I'M NOT YOUR HONEY" I yell back.

She laughs and walks into the kitchen//living room, throwing her bags on the counter. She looks happier than usual, something definitely happened on the weekend.

"Okay spill" I say

"So I met someone," She says, dragging out her words.

"Oooo about time. Tell me more" I pointed to the empty chair next to me, telling her to sit, and she obliged my request.

"Well he's funny, kind and smart"

"So that is why you've been MIA this weekend. I was bored all alone" I state

"Sorry not sorry", she says in a playful tone.

"I'm happy for you. Now show a pic" I urge her

She pulls out her phone showing me a photo. Tallish, blonde, kinda giving off Ross Lynch vibes. Her hair shifts a bit, revealing an all marked up neck.

"KATE JESUS CHRIST, the fuck he do to your neck", I go to poke at one, but she slaps my hand away. "Is he a bear or something?" I teasingly question.

"Anyways, how was your weekend?" She says dragging out the sounds in 'anyways'.

"It was alright, nothing special, just a bunch of work for exams. I can't wait-", my phone vibrates and I look at the caller and I freeze. DAD. Kate notices my hesitation and looks over at the screen.

"Y/n you know better than to pick that up, don't do it y/n", her tone becomes more serious and stern. One thing to know is that angry Kate is not fun.

"What if it's important?" I groan, trying to make excuses.

"No, all he needs is money, which you clearly don't have. I said don't pick it up" She says even more sternly this time. She holds her hand out, signalling for me to pass it to her.

I scoff, picking up the call and stomping away to my room.

"Hello?" I say emotionlessly

"Hiii sweetheart", his tone oddly soft and caring. Don't fall for this again y/n.

"What do you need, dad?" I ask, getting straight to the point.

"What can a father not ask how his daughter is doing?"

"No, not you"

"Alright then if ya wanna be moody then so be it", I hear some other random noises in his background.

"Are you drunk?", I question his state of being.

He laughs into his phone confirming my assumption, "Maybe a little bit"

"Dad, its like lunch time for you, you should be at work"

"Who said I'm not at work"

"Oh my god, dad, please I'm being serious, what do you need?" I say, trying to get this over with.