pasta

Y/N POV
I lead Lizzie to the table I usually sit at. She has a soft smile, looking around the surroundings, taking in the place. The fairy lights reflect in her emerald eyes, her eye colour has easily become my new favourite colour.

"I've never been here before"

"Yeah by your reaction I can tell" I tease.

A subtle shade of pink covers her cheeks, she looks away to try and hide it, but of course I notice it.

Laura comes over to us- Bianca trailing slowly behind her, who quickly jumps into my lap- She hands Lizzie a menu. Lizzie gives her attention on choosing what to eat, whilst Laura makes small conversation with me.

"Anyways y/n it's great to see you with someone other than Kate, I've been thinking you don't know to make friends"

I sigh, "One, I do have friends, two, you know I dont bring people here or else they'll steal my hideaway spot", I slowly pet the fluffy cat in my lap, "I promise I've been more social this year"

"Mhm" is the only response I receive.

I roll my eyes in response, and she clicks her tongue not liking my reaction. We truly do have a similar bond to mother-daughter.

Laura has previously scolded me for not socialising enough and spending way too much time living in my own world. Part of it is true, but I'm not one for massive friend groups anyways.

"Dear, what can I get for you? Need some help choosing?" She addresses Lizzie.

"Um, I'll just have the spaghetti, thank you"

"Of course, if you need anything let me know", Laura says in her sweet voice and turns away.

"Wait, aren't you gonna order?" Lizzie asks confused

"Oh she knows my usual order, I don't even have to ask", I shrug my shoulders.

"So you're a regular in many places. Interesting", she says wiggling her eyebrows 

"Well yes and no, technically only here and the coffee shop, but this place has a funnier backstory," I share

"Now I gotta know the story, I'm a great listener"

I smile, searching her eyes, she truly does seem interested, wanting to know more about me.

"Alright, well long story short, one day during the first month of school Kate and I got white girl wasted, somehow we ended up here, Laura fed us some midnight pasta, which by the way was absolutely amazing, and ever since then this has been our go to spot"

I continue sharing after she has no comments, "Laura is an amazing human, ever since then she's practically adopted me, constantly acting like my mother if you haven't noticed"

She laughs at my comment, nodding her head at the same time, "Yeah Laura seems great, is she italian?"

"Yeah her and husband moved here when they were young and opened up this lovely place, she still has a subtle accent, I love it"

"The atmosphere of this place is so peaceful and just- I can't even describe it, I love it"

"Just wait until you taste the food, it's even better"

"I can't wait", she says with a smile.

"So Olsen, what's next in your life", I say, placing my chin on my hand, giving her my full attention.

"Well, as I already told you, for the holidays and the next couple months I'm taking a break, staying here to spend some time with my sisters, then I'm starting to film again. What about you y/l?"