stuDYING

Y/N POV
The weekend went by fast, and before I even noticed it, my monday morning alarm was going off. As usual it takes forever for me to get myself out of bed. I sheepishly make my way to the bathroom, brushing my teeth and splashing cold water on myself.

For today's outfit I threw on some brown wide leg jeans, and a forest green top to match the neutral tones. I throw on a zip up since it's still quite chilly outside. Putting on some light makeup and a few jewellery pieces, I feel happy with myself and head out the door.

"Bye bye Luna I love you" I say, patting the top of her head as I walk past.

I decided for no coffee this morning, considering the last time I got some it didn't end up quite well. Today I had Evans' class first, so that should be extra fun and I definitely don't want to be late.

~

"Alright class, that is most of the material you will need for this assignment, you can either grab a printed version after class, or head to the class portal and find the document there. As for the characters, when I call out your name please pay attention. I will randomly assign you a character and you will complete the recreation of a scene or an improv based on a given situation.'

"Marie McGraw, your character will be Nicole Barber from Marriage Story... Luis Lowdon your character will be Steve rogers, ooo can't wait to see that"

I can't imagine someone else playing Steve, honestly it's such an iconic character that's been taken by Evans and can't be replaced. He continues going down the register list, saying a lot of different characters.

"y/n l/n". I look up when I hear my name, I already have a bad gut feeling about this

"Looks like your character will be... Leigh Shaw from Sorry for Your Loss, hmmm should be interesting"

I nod and then realise that was Lizzie's character... Maybe I could ask her for some tips? Okay maybe that's a bit weird, I guess not. I don't even realise he stopped reading names until people start shuffling around me.

"Oh and class if you have any questions feel free to come up or contact me via email, can't wait to see your performances on Friday"

I walk over to the library, having a bit of time to kill before my next class. I settle down, opening up my textbooks, reading through some history of theatre material. As usual exam week is gonna be super stressful and I can't help but imagine all the worst scenarios as usual

The music in my ears blocks all outside noise, leaving me alone to battle with my thoughts. What if I fail? How will I graduate? Why am I so bad at focusing? Just read the goddamn text. Y/n stop zoning out.

Thankfully tap on the shoulder pulls me out before I get too deep. I pull out my headphones, looking up and seeing a familiar face. I was a bit shocked and I tilted my head to indicate my confusion, waiting for them to speak up.

"Hey, sorry you were clicking your pen quite... aggressively and it's a bit distracting"

I looked down to see the pen in my hand, not even realising I was holding it.

"Oh right-", I say still being a bit lost, "sorry for that Logan, I didn't even realise"

"No problem- um- '' He seems a bit hesitant to ask me something, talking a few seconds to find the correct words. "You look a bit pale, are you okay?"

'Are you okay?' The 3 words that I've been asked way too many times in my life. Every time there's the same, one simple answer, even though that might not be how I really feel, it always seems to work.

"Y/N?"

"Oh um yeah, I'm fine, thanks" I say quietly

"Mind if I sit with you? Whacha studying?"