Truthfuly

12/04/22

Dear Natalya Moretti,

I am so happy you are seeking help for yourself Tal, there is nothing better than helping yourself and fixing the way your mind works. It's truly liberating and I am so happy that you will soon be Liberated.

As for "dumping" your problems - I don't care, I want to hear them. I want to hear about your day, I want to hear about the ups and downs, I want to hear about everything.

I forgive you Natalya, though I don't quite know what I am forgiving you for - I should be apologising to you Tal. I have been a truly awful person and if I was with you right now I would be begging on my knees to have you forgive me.

Anyway, I am going to venture away from your depressing nature and tell you about my day since it might encourage you to do the same. Today I broke up with Ashley - something I admittedly should have done ages ago.

I also had a child trafficking case today which really took its toll on me. There was one little girl whose family didn't claim her which is always so hard for us to see. She is currently staying with Emily so at least we know that she is safe. However it makes me wonder how many these traffickers had already trafficked before we found them.

It is hard to know if you do the right thing in this job. I often find I have a conflict of morality, the children we save and the men and women who we help are often put in more danger once we have helped them. It makes you wonder if the work we are doing actually helps anyone or if we just add to the cycle of pain , hurt and suffering in the world.

I don't know Natalya, I feel I have failed everyone around us. Penelope is less sparkly and happy now that you have gone, Emily puts the weight of the world on herself to ensure everything she does is perfect, Alex has told me she will be quitting soon and I need to fill her place quickly.

I don't know what to do Natalya.

Help me figure it out - you're good at decisions please help me make the right one.

Yours every day,
Aaron Hotchner