Mariposa

19/04/22

Mariposa,

I hope you don't mind but I think I'm going to start calling you that - just for the time being.

It will be absolutely amazing to see Elle again, I haven't seen her of course since the accident so I'm very happy to see she found a family who supports her, that's very important for a person especially in her position.

Jack still can't believe I know you, even after seeing your signature at the bottom of so many letters. Jack's favourite food is a bit of a mystery to be honest tal. He loves Macaroni and cheese, pizza (you will be happy to hear) and cookies. I was hoping to get him to expand his food horizons however he shows no interest in it whatsoever. We babe cookies every week if I'm not working a case and then he eats them through the week when he stays with his aunt.

You see, Haley killed herself a while back so I now have full custody of Jack. I always blame myself for what happened but I think now I am beginning to see that actually it was not my fault at all, it was nobody's fault.

Jack seems to be doing fine with it, every night before we sleep I tell him to say Goodnight to his mummy and he does, though the other day he asked me if he would ever have a mummy again- I didn't know what to tell him so I just said we would have to wait and see.

In fact, the other day Jack's teacher told me one of the boys in his grade had been making fun of him and was being very mean to him. Jacks first response was to invite him around for dinner - so I must be doing something right.

I always worried that I would be a terrible father because of the lack of my own however I feel like now I've proved myself wrong. I'm happy about that.

I look forward to receiving your letter Tal,
Your Aaron Hotchner