part 18

Precap: In the fair friends of Shravan's old school come to visit. Both the points of the exam results and the fair is published, Anish's team is a few points ahead of Shravan's.

The next day

Shravan and Anish are sitting face to face in the canteen. Sahib is sitting beside Shravan and Anish's friends are beside him. Both the team are in a stare competition currently while having their food. The atmosphere is so silent that you can hear if a niddle drops.

Anish: Do you guys still want to continue to face humiliation? Even after seeing the results of yesterday? You can drop the challenge now with accepting defeat if you want.

Shravan: Tell me one thing dhumketu. You are talking like all the other days but you are missing something today. What is it?

Anish: You always keep talking talking nonsense, don't you?

Shravan: Now I get it, there is no confidence in your taunts now. Your threat doesn't sound like full of pride but instead full of anger and fear. Tell me honestly, you are not happy with the results, right?

Anish stands up from the table and turns to go, his gang follows him but they stops hearing Shravan's next words.

Shravan: You are angry and frustrated seeing how less of a difference in the points. You are scared of losing, you are scared of losing to people who you never even considered worth a competition. You are thinking that we can win and that's why you are keep trying to get us off the competition.

Anish comes back to the table, places his both hands on it and look at Shravan's eyes.

Anish: I was just giving you guys a chance as mercy. But now not anymore. In the next round you guys will see the reality and understand your place.

He looks at Shravan angrily while Shravan's expressions remains unchanged the whole time, a little playfull smile hangs on his face. Anish stands up and turns to leave. He stops and looks back at Shravan again.

Anish: Prepare for the worst. The little difference you are boasting about, before you realize it will turn into so big that you won't be able to cover it in a lifetime.

Anish's gang leaves the canteen. All the other students in the canteen who were all giving their attention all this time to these conversations being totally silent now starts talking among each other while eating. Shravan smiles looking at Anish go.

Shravan: Sahib, have you heard the idiom "Barking dog seldom bites", it's the same with this dhumketu.

Sahib: Shravan you are underestimating them. Have you thought what will we do in the next competition?

Shravan: It's the election, right? Don't sweat it, cause Shravan Malhotra always wins in such thing. My charm is something like that, too much irresistible.

Suman comes and sits in front of him with Kanchan.

Suman: Shravan do you even know what for the election is?

Shravan: Not really, what for it is?

Kanchan: It's to decide who is going to represent the class in the upcoming sports festival. Each year all the classes decides this by doing votes among them and gives the name of the winner to the teachers later as the representative. It's an unofficial system.

Suman: Shravan back at the day when we were returning from the camp I asked you if you knew about the election. Why did you said yes if you didn't knew about it?

Shravan: I just heard it from my friends that some election is supposed to happen so I thought....

Sahib: Now do you understand? This election will happen in class only, how many people do you think will vote for you? There isn't many civilians students in our class Shravan.