part 20

Precap: Suman takes Shravan at the hospital to encourage him by showing the spirit of the injured soldiers.

Morning

Suman and dadu is doing there morning walk. Suddenly Shravan greets them from a side and pass them. He turns at Suman for once before moving ahead. Both of them smiles at each other. Dadu snorts.

Dadu: Show off.

After morning walk, Suman and Shravan both come face to face at the sports club. They stretch and warms up. Both of them gives each other attitude look and takes places in the badminton court opposite each other. They start their game. At the start Shravan keeps losing. Suman encourages him to keep going. They keeps on with their practice everyday. One day Shravan after losing, angrily leaves his racket and leaves from the sport club. Suman gets worried for him. She comes at Malhotra house. Shravan is sitting in his bed angrily. Suman enters his room after knocking. Shravan doesn't look at her.

Shravan: Why are you here Sumo? Just give up on me already. I can't do anything alright. If I try in the sports festival I will make everyone lose because of me. I'm just so pathetic.

Suman comes and stands in front of him. He looks down.

Suman: Enough, you can't say anything bad about my buddy.

Shravan still looks down at the ground.

Suman: Shravan, look at me. You don't have any problems in your legs. This is about something else. What is keeping you down?

Shravan slowly looks up at her. Suman bends and comes face to face to him.

Suman: What's wrong Shravan? Won't you tell me?

Suman turns and looks at Shravan's trophies. Shravan too looks at that way.

Suman: Where is that Shravan? Who won those prizes? The one you proudly boasted to me about?

Shravan speaks in a broken voice.

Shravan: He got lost.

Shravan stands up and goes to the shelf, he takes a trophy in his hands.

Shravan: He doesn't exist anymore.  He got lost in parents expectations, in crowd of text book studies.

Shravan slowly caresses the trophy and the others in the shelf and smiles. He keeps talking looking at the trophies.

Shravan: You know Sumo, my dream was not always to go to the USA. There was a time when I just wanted to play. When I was in fifth grade I saw everyone playing badminton in the winter, no one wanted to play anything else with me. So I went to mom and kept bugging her until she bought me a racket. It took me some time to get the hang of it but once I got used to the game no one could defeat me. I started playing in tournaments, wining trophies, everyone was praising me. Mom and Dad was proud of me. It feels like a dream now, a good dream. I know it's nothing like you guys plans of joining the army to serve the country but I had dreamt of becoming a professional player and be my country's pride, playing international matches, wining golds.

Suman: Then what happened?

Both of them are now talking in Shravan's balcony, sitting on the railing. Shravan's laughs sarcastically hearing Suman's question.

Shravan: What happened, junior level national competition and school exam got scheduled around the same time that's what happened. Papa said, "Right now is the time to study, you can play later. And what will happen by playing anyways." And so I packed all my dreams and throwed it in the trash and sat down in the study table.

Suman: You didn't play again after exam?

Shravan: Never.

Suman: But why?