Chapter 2: Acridion-5

In order to comprehend my story you must understand one thing. I am not human. I only make myself look that way through illusions, tricks and the fact that humans will see what they want to see. In truth, I am something some may refer to as a faerie. This fact meant I had manyabilities including teleportation. Since I only got it from my fathers it was relatively weak and I did not think I would end up in a place so unfamiliar but, I must have been mistaken. The place was a disoritating glow neon blue that hurt my eyes. It was a few trips before.   
     I could really take in my surroundings. Though when I did manage, I was smitten. It was so beautiful. After some time observing from afar, I had learned the name of the places, Acridion-5. I wanted to get a closer look and to do that, I would have to mimic the appearance of the inhabitants. It would not be hard, mimicking other beings was one of the tricks any fey could learn. I imagined myself in the form of one of them. The form I came up with had me taller quite a bit taller than my natural form. My skin was a glowing electric blue. My hair was still choppy and flipped over to one side with a slightly more aqua color to it than my new skin. I liked this form and it blended in perfectly. It was strange, I never got a good form on the first try. I watch for a couple days in between school and work. I never expected for my visits to continue as long as they did. I just kept coming back, my interest never waning. There was just so much to learn about their technology, their culture, everything. Most human tech was hard to bear. It reeked of steele and other metals. While more tolerable than pure wrought iron, still was not pleasant. Acridion tech did not have this problem, I was not fond of tech but this was bearable. Most of all the royal family in particular intrigued me, especially the young Aja and Krel. I had felt this strange connection to them from the start.
Like before we had even met, our fates were intertwined.
So of course, I learned all I could about them. I was looking forward to getting a glimpse of them on coronation day. Aja probably would not be there, knowing her free spirit. Krel probably would though. But, If I wasted more time I knew I would be late for the ceremony. At that moment someone barreled into me. I turned to glare at them, then I saw who it was. Running past me was none other than Princess Aja herself. She seemed to be chasing something. The impact knocked me to the ground.
     "Come back here or I'll have you turned into flexal.", I hear her yell after whatever it was. I hit the ground hard and had trouble getting to my. My senses were dull in a form not quite my own. I stood there dazed for a few microns, shaking my head trying to get my thoughts straight. People begin running. Ruble falling. I see Aja save a young girl. I am still distracted and unable to get my bearings. I panicked as I found myself trapped under rubble. In the darkness under the debris I managed to teleport home.
     I am limping and I can tell that my leg is broken. I flicked my hand and a flame appeared in it growing until it engulfed my entire body and I burst into flames and I rose from the ashes. I take in the mess of my ashy hair, I run my fingers through it to straighten it up a bit, flipping it back to the side, before quickly putting back my Acridion disguise and teleporting back to
Acridion-5. I was too late and could only hope the royals had gotten away.
     And now I knew they had gotten away. In my excitement a let out a small chirp. It drew the attention of everyone in the office "What are you doing here, Ash Shadowstar", Senior UhI asks, pulling me into the office.
     I rack my brain looking for a way out of this. My faerie nature does not allow me to tell an outright lie and telling the truth in this case will get me in a lot of trouble would not help. I preferred not to use my magic to manipulate people unless absolutely necessary. After a few moments, I have an idea which might work.
     "I am sorry, I am certain my phone is in my locker.", I say, smiling sheepishly.
    Yes, I did leave my phone in my locker. It is not like I really need it or even liked using it. I only had it because Circi said I need it to look more human. Senior Uhl did not seem satisfied with my answer.
     "And why were you listening in, this is very private.", Senior Uhl demanded.
     "I was in the area," I said slowly, "and what can I say curiosity killed the cat"
     "That still doesn't excuse your actions, detention for the next week," he said. There was no point in protesting. So instead. I turned my attention to the Tarrons. I rub the back of my neck sheepishly. "So much for a good first impression on people who have not heard anything bad about me," I said sadly, "But at least I can formally introduce myself." I smile brightly. And offer my hand to each of them.
     "The name is Ash, Ash Shadowstar." As I shake Aja's hand she smiles brightly and eagerly introduces herself. Krel is a little more tentative but shakes my hand as well.
I stared into his eyes for a moment. Something about it just clicked. I wonder if he felt it too. I shake it off before speaking again. My tone turns from cheery and bright to more serious and sincere.        
"You two need anything, absolutely anything, I would be glad to help. Just ask me and know I do not often offer to help just anyone," I said, before adding on in a joking tone directed at Uhl, "Though I guess I have plans for the next week."
Aja, give me a hug like she did Senior Uhl. I see her eyes flash a glowing blue. I
pretended not to notice. Aja and Krel become a little panicked.
     Aja pulls away from me and says " We should probably get glowing" Though quickly
correcting herself to say going. The two of them rushed out of the offices. Pulling their "parents"
behind them.
     "They sure are peculiar," Uhl said as they left.
     "Agreed, "I replied. He closed the door to his office.
     "I'll let you free of your detention," he said with a sigh. My eyes widened in surprise.
      "Why," I ask.
      "I want you to keep an eye on them," he said. I nodded. He continued speaking,
     "Not everyone here thinks poorly of you, Ash." I feel myself start to tear up. Why did I care? Why was I searching for the approval of humans? I was a faerie. I mummers a quiet thanks and ask to be excused.
     I make my way to my locker and grab my phone. I guess I had to grab it now. I got to my house without incident. I lived by myself. It was a nice little cottage on the outskirts of Arcadia. If I was so inclined, I could have gone to Lovestruck and to spend time with my adoptive parents. But, I do not think I have the energy tonight. Why did I promise my help? Well I was bound to it now.