Chapter 8: Impatience

I remember now, this day has already been repeated several times. I guess I was repressing the memories. I probably was naturally able to remember but did not care to get involved. I decided I might as well get to Krel and Aja's house.
It plays out mostly the same as it always has today. It appears as if Aja remembers too. I do not bother to even try with the science fair. Now that I remember that I already won several times, the idea bores me. But soon enough, we are on our way to school to help Krel. Aja wanders off and is pulled over by Jim.
     "Okay, Don't freak out, My name is Jim Lake, and everyone's life here is in danger", Jim said.
"I would not necessarily say in danger, as long as we keep doing what you have been doing, doomed to stay in this time loop for all eternity, but I would not say in danger",  I said, slipping out of the shadows.
      "Wait, you remember to", Jim asked me.
      "I think, I always have", I said.
      "Great, I think you two can help me"
      "Really? I am training to be a warrior", Aja said rather proudly," Saving is a big part of the job"
I hiss, "Being a warrior is a way of life, not a job"
Just then, the troll crashes into a table. Then hops on the model planets and starts destroying them, again. I nudge Aja's shoulder as I finally recognize what is in its hand.
     "Is that Acridion tech?", I ask her.
     "I think it is, yes,” she replied. The conversation does not have time to get much further than that, as it is back to this morning.
This time Aja is trying to discourage Krel from going to the science fair. She eventually resigned and went anyway. She is being snappy and inpatient.
We end back in the same place with Jim and Aja nearly slices him in half with her serator.
        "What is happening, and why does it keep happening", Aja asked.
       "It’s really weird, but I think it's because of a Trickster Troll", Jim explained.
      "What's a troll?", Aja asked.
      "The stone guy with anger issues is an example", I said,   “Unfair as the only example, but-”
     "How do you know anything about this?", Jim asked.
     "I have been here a long time", I said.
     "The last time this happened my memory must have been protected by my serator shield", Aja said, holding her serator, "Why do you remember?"
     "I'm not sure", Jim said holding his amulet," but think my amulet protected me"
     "Omelet", Aja asked. I just wave it off.
      They both looked to me and I just shrugged," I don't know but after Aja start remembering I recall that today's happened 53 times, and I just choose to ignore it"
"53 times", Aja said.
     "You choose to ignore it", Jim asked.
     "Yea, but I am not ignoring it now, so since we are the only people who remember let us fix this"
     Then from behind us I the whoosh of fire and Toby voice, "Incoming, Jimbo"
I teleport Aja out of the way as Toby comes in on his hammer. Claire follows shortly behind.
     "What do we need to do?", Aja asked. The trickster troll comes in and once again starts wrecking the place. Toby and Claire dash in. We stayed behind.
      "Listen, we're going to time loop again, I need you to trust me", Jim said, "Tell me what Acridion tech is"
     Aja looks at uncertainty.     
      "It is your secret to tell", I say, Aja takes a breath.
     "Uh, The technology", she pauses for a second and I rest my hand on her shoulder, "It is from a planet called Acridion-5.
     "How do you know?"
     "Because it's also where I'm from", she says, turning back into her true form in a blast of blue light. Jim looks in shock and I just smile. The time loop starts again. I make sure the well all starts in Jim's bedroom. When he wakes up to the sound of his alarm an Aja turns it off Jim gasps and backs away.
      "What the-? You're an alien?", Jim said looking at Aja.
      "I really do not like that word," Aja said, "I prefer "Ackiriodon"
      "Uhhh", Jim said, a little confused. Aja sighs.
      "You have a magic omelet", and fight troll creatures, this shouldn't be that strange", Aja said.
     "It's not, it's amazing", Jim said.
     "Thank you"
     "Since that troll reset time again", I said, "I thought I would save us time bring us all to hear"
     "And how do you play into this", Jim asked.
     "They are a faerie,” Aja told him. I roll my eyes at her, dropping the human disguise and stretching my wings.
Aja clears her throat, "Now we must stop him from attacking the fair... again"
     "Not yet", Jim said. Aja was clearly annoyed at having to wait again. Then, I saw the light of this situation. Aja might be able to learn the value of patience without any lasting consequences.
     "More waiting, you sound like Varvatos", Aja turned to me and gave me an annoyed glare," and Ash"
     I flatten my ears against my head and pull my wings close looking very hurt as she looks very upset with me.
     "Porogon won't go down easy", Jim said.
     "Ya, definitely not a three-person job", I said, "We are going to need back up"
(Time Skip)
     "Wait, Wait", Krel said, "I'm supposed to believe this peculiar, skinny-legged human when he says the space-time continuum has be altered, trapping us in the same autochronoic cycle"
     "Time Loop", Jim simplified,    "Yes and, something about your alien tech-", Jim said, I winced.
     "I do not like that word," Krel said, "I can't believe you told him about us"
     "Focus, little brother", Aja said, placing a hand on her brother's shoulder.
     "Wait, hold up", Toby said,      "You guys are aliens?"
     "I am in no way, shape, or form, an alien", I said my eye glowed their natural state, "I am a faerie"
Aja put a hand on my shoulder to calm me down. My anger falls and I apologize.
      "I am sorry, I have a bit of a temper and in situations like this I am having a harder time dealing with it", I say to Toby.
      "Either way, Awesome Sauce", Toby said, seemingly accepting my apology.
      "We have to stop this troll and get out of this endless cycle of repetition", She said.
      "Master Jim, I must insist we resume our search for Porg-", I hear Blinkous say before interrupted by Krel screams. He hides behind me putting his hands on my shoulders, causing me to blush slightly," Ash! Who... What are these?", he asked, luckily too panicked to see my blush. Why was I even blushing?
     I was stopped from pondering this further by Varvatos jumping from the bushes screaming something about bounty hunters and tackling Blinkous. This causes Arrrg to go after him. Varvatos is seemingly fascinated by the fact Arrrg is made of stone and they keep punching each other. Eventually, Varvatos is knocked back. He grabs onto Blinkous once more.
     "Get away from Varvatos Vex's charges, or suffer the slow and brutal pain of all you eyeball being swiftly plucked"
Both Jim and Aja, exclaim for them to stop. 
     "This is Blinky, my mentor, and trainer", Jim said. Varvatos comes to stand behind Aja and Krel finally lets go of my shoulders. I feel like he held them a little longer than necessary.
      "Lively. He was just attacked by my mentor and trainer", Aja said.
      "Varvatos wants an answer or more punching with the big one", Varvatos said.
      "It is a long story", I said.
      "One that apparently keeps reaping", Krel adds. The time loops start again. Aja just managed to use her serator in time.
     "Your blue thingy worked, everyone remembers", Jim said.
     "But now we have to unloop time", Aja said.
     "According to your description, the Troll appears to be carrying a Dekyon Charger", Krel said, "But It’s a device that recycling energy but not time"
     "It is quite simple", I said,    "Porgon is a trickster Troll and can use Troll magic which in combination with Acridion tech could produce that effect"
      "Oh, my gosh!", Toby said,   "It's like mixing chocolate and peanut butter to make"
     "A Nougat Nummy?", Jim said.
     "Not just any Nougat Nummy, Jimbo, The Nougat Nummy of reset buttons"
     "Wait, Porgon always goes after the component of the Daxial Array that you brought," I said.
     "Uh what", Toby asked. Krel caught on to my thinking.
     "Yes, If the troll combines his magic with the subspace manifold, then he could destroy time itself", Krel said.
     "Which is not the best outcome?", I said.
     "So we must destroy this device before Porgon can use it again", Aja said.
     "Precisely", said Blinkous, and with that Aja was gone. Jim goes on about how we have to be careful or will just get sent back to this morning.
     "Wait, where did Aja go?", Jim asked, just realizing she was missing.
     "Uhh, She left", I said.
     "Right before you said we should be careful", said Krel. Everyone groans and the time loop resets.
     "Sorry, I got carried away", Aja said as she exited her bedroom.
     "It was an expected outcome", I said as she went to the door.
     "You can't rush off into battle like that", Jim said, placing a hand on her shoulder.
     "I said I was sorry", she said.
     "You said you're training to be a warrior, but it takes patience", Jim said.
     "That is what Varvatos said", Varvatos said, slamming the door shut and Aja growled.
     "I once rushed into a place called the Darklands by myself", Jim said, "If my friends hadn't helped me a lot of people would've gotten hurt"
     "You don't understand", Aja said, "My mama and papa did get hurt, and now bounty hunters are after us. This is why I'm training to be a warrior. This is why I can not be patient. I can not lose anyone ever again"
     She has kneeled down on the floor. Krel goes and kneels down beside her and I follow suit, wrapping my wings around them both.
     "I don't think that is anything we can control", Krel said as I stood up. Do I not know how true those words can be?
     "But, brash action can cause more people to get hurt, that is why patience is so important", I say.
    "So, what is the plan?", Aja said.
(Time Skip)
     After Jim explained the plan. It was executed. Which went swimmingly, until people started taking pictures and the authority came. In a very useful fashion, Varvatos made some quite colorful threats.
     "Any solution, that does not involve murder", I asked cheerily.
     "I might have a solution", Krel piped up, "If I can initiate the self-destruct mechanism in the Dekyon Charger, so we can reset the day again"
     "But, it would destroy the Charger so Porgon could not find it", I finished.
     "Then, today will never have happened", Jim said.
     "Which means we never become friends"
     "We will not become friends, yet, our fates are intertwined and I believe we will cross paths again, besides it is not like I will forget", I said and with that, the time loop resets for the last time. It happens much the same minus all the Porgon stuff, and I ditch my science fair project and help Krel instead. I wonder how much of her lesson Aja remembers.