Chapter 15:

Aja had decided to tell Steve the truth. Why did I care? I did not. Matter a factly I thought he deserved to know that she was leaving and why? But Krel was very upset and almost literally dragged me along. We had been sitting there for a few minutes, Krel watched them from over his menu. When I saw a pair of green eyes from the shadows outside the window.
      “I have got something to take care of, be back in a second”, I said, and Krel nodded. Trina met me almost as soon as I left the diner.
      “So, when are you gonna tell him?”, she said teasingly. I let out a hiss.
       “What are you doing here?”,I say through gritted teeth, purposely standing between her and the pathway diner.
      “Well I want to talk to you after your little Area 49-B visit, but I am not that stupid, you would have ripped my head off”, she said.
      “I still might”, I say, eyes glowing, she takes a step back.
      “All I wanted to say is…”, she hesitates for a moment, her cool expression fading her real emotions breaking through the facade. My glare softened and poster relaxed as she continued, “I am sorry, I have been a terrible sister, you were hurting and I was to blind by my own pain to see it”
      Tears started to stream down her face as she tried to hold them back., “I am sorry I blamed you for all of it”
      At this point she was completely breaking down, just rambling, making no attempt to hide her tears. I pulled her tight to me, “It alright, I understand, sister”
We sat like that for what seemed like hours in that alleyway. I finally had my sister back. It was Trina who broke the silence only the tear stain and slightly puffy eyes the only proof that she had ever been crying, “I do have to ask, what happened to Rina’s crown”
      “Oh that thing, I have been holding on to it till you were ready for it”
      “Me??”, she said, eyes lighting up with intrigue.
      “That is what Rina implied when she gave it to me and faerie has been with out a queen for to long”
       “Alright”
       “Meet me for Battle of the Bands, after that, I will perform the ceremony”
      “You should confess to Krel that night, too”, she said, motioning  to him through the window where he was now fighting Aja over the drink, I blushed and walked back . Though I have to admit that was not the worst idea. As I walk in Steve is choking on something and I give him a solid hit on the back which easily dislodged it. Then, we all started floating and ended up on a ship from what I would guess the Zerons.
       “This is less than ideal”, I said as Steve started panicking. Then he just starts being downright offensive as he talks about how this is just like the show he watches with Eli. 
       “Do you hear the offensive stereotypes your boyfriend is peddling?”,Krel asks, as Steve is busy trying to get the door to open. I giggle, but stiffen as it actually opens and the two remaining Zerons enter. They take Krel and Aja somewhere else while Steven and I are taken to the dissection room. I shake my head as he whimpers and screams. I shift into my true form which causes Steve to panic again.
      “Relax, I am not an alien, the simplest way to think of me for now is a friendly creeper”, I say to calm him down.
      “Alright cool”, He says, breath steading.
      “You search for a way out, I am going to find Aja and Krel” I say as I begin searching for them. It is hard to pinpoint, but after a few minutes I have found them.
      “Cause I am tired of hiding”,she said, slumping against the wall. I quietly sat down beside her as she spoke and lay my hand on her shoulder. “To be normal on Akridion, I had to hid I was a royal, To be normal on earth, I had to hid I was a aridion and royal”
      “For once, I just want to be me ”
Krel sits down on her other side, “I know, I know, But it is too dangerous”
      Aja sighs as Krel counties to try and remove his cuffs, “I wanted to tell one person, and I thought Steve would understand” 
      “But apparently, he thinks anyone not from this planet is a brain eater”, I say rolling my eyes, I then place a wing across hers shoulders “Oh Please, he will come around, he real does care for you”
      “And, Hey I used to think all human were barely evolved amoebas”, Krel added, “And now I know they are somewhat evolved”
They seemed to finally notice my presence as a feather from my wing causing Aja’s cuffs to spark. 
        “Ash, your feather seems to be disrupting the ionic latch”, Krel exclaimed, surprised.
      “Well, I supposed that means you want them off,” I said with a smirk, Krel rolled his eyes at me as I stared at Aja cuffs which were quick to come off, I then pressed into her palm.
       “Take it will be useful in the future”, I say to her and she quickly tucks it away and goes off in search of Steve.
Krel’s POV
      A quiet awkwardness filled the air after Aja left. Ash plucked another feather from their wing and started to work at my cuff. They looked vaguely uncomfortable being alone with me. She seemed to have a better relationship with Aja. I would often hear them joke around as they were sparing together. They just acted more comfortable when they were with my sister. I held a strange form of resentment towards my sister's bond with the mysterious fae. I worried that she might have disliked me to some degree. 
      I was only assured of this though as she burned the feather into ash. I felt that her giving the feather to Aja was a sign of trust, did she not trust me? I was snapped out my thoughts as Ash waved her hand in front of me tapping her foot impatiently, 
      “Come on your cuffs are off we do not have all day”, She said with the signature smirk that often graced her lips. Her wing had been retracted to be more stealthy. She sunk so deep into the shadows that if it were not for the occasional warning hiss I might have forgotten she was there.
Back to Ash’s POV
    Omega comes in and tells Alpha that Varvatos is on their premises. Alpha asks if he brought the cores. He presents a briefcase which presumably has the royal cores. Varvatos is sucked up into the ship. Alpha is frustrated when he realized that Krel and Aja have “disappeared”. Alpha asks   Varvatos to hand over the cores. When he hands over the briefcase I do not sense the royal cores. 
      It is a trick. Not something I can say I expected from Varvatos. Krel goes to atack Alpha believing that it was his parents' cores but I held him back. He is still able to open the briefcase and realizes the life cores are not in it. But instead an explosive and a king and queen chess piece. A clever technicality worthy of the fey. Varvatos shields himself. While I wrap my wing around Krel to protect from the explosion. Krel takes the controls and tries to crash the ship gently because he does not think they can land. Steve ends up learning the truth and we all make it out alive. So, I see it as another successful day.