Chapter 4: Lovestruck, Tavern and Inn

I had teleported next to a building. It was old and made of wood. I ran my finger across the wall and smiled. I could see the magic that ran through this place and even though it is a normal sight most in this town pass it by. I believe I am one of the only ones from this world who frequents it.
       It had a beautiful hand-painted sign at the top, with a light pink Lovestruck written in a large swervy front and in a smaller deep pink font Tavern & Inn.
      I enter the building through a worn door and head to the bar. Taking a seat and dropping my human disguise, I look around. Most of the people are regular, a few of them are human, mostly magical creatures and immortal beings. I call over to my mom from behind the bar. 
Her eyes are pink with heart-shaped pupils. They are glazed over and focus on nothing.
      She has her hair in a short pink bob with side-swept bangs, though it is more of a glowing pink flame than hair. She is wearing her worn burgundy waistcoat over a white dress shirt. It is paired with a knee-length black skirt, gray stockings, and hot pink boots. It is the same thing she always wears, because she knows it matched without having to ask anyone. 
      This is her place which she has run for centuries. On the wall behind her hangs her bow and quiver of arrows. She is not my biological mom, but she has always been there. While I do live in that small cottage on the outskirts of Arcadia, this place is closer to being my home.
         My mom's name is Cupid, well at least that is what they call her now, her real name forgotten to time. She is kind and patient, so understanding and warm. My mom is, in her world, the goddess of love and hearth. She walks to the other side of the bar and embraces me in a warm hug. My wings wrap around the two of us and lay across her shoulders.
       I am startled when I hear a voice behind us, "Do I not get a hug?"
       It was Circi. She was the one who brought me here that night. She was stern and clever, she oozes confidence, though she did have a slight violent streak, she was really quite kind as well.
       Most found her appearance intimidating, with her pale blue cat-like eyes and pointed teeth.  The pure black sleeveless jumpsuit did not help. It showed the lean muscles on her arm which swirled with scars laid in intricate patterns. Well they were not exactly scars, they would often still bleed, especially when she is angry or stressed.
      Circi was by any means a warrior despite her violent streak she usually lives by a strict warrior code, which she had taught to me. A goddess of warfare, among other things. Most found her overly cold and calculating and did not like her much. I think that is just because they judge her too quickly or have only ever met her on the battlefield.
      I ran over to give her a big hug. She swept her foot under my legs and knocked me flat to the floor. Then, she offered her hand and I pulled her to the ground with me.
     The both of us started laughing. Cupid came over and pulled me up first then Circi. Who promptly pecked her lips. Cupid just chuckled and kissed her back.
      "How have you been, little bird?", Circi asked.
     "Wonderful", I said, "I think I have found some new friends."
      "I'm glad", Cupid said with a knowing smile.
(Time Skip)
      The next day at school Krel comes in with a boombox. I remember when those were popular. I was not that long ago, I think. When you do not age, time passes differently, centuries can pass like years. But, either way he seemed quite happy with it. Mary and Darci approach the two Aja. Everyone at school has been obsessed over the fight between her and Steve. 
      "Aja! I posted your epic Steve take-down on my Facespace", Mary said showing her the video," and it went super-viral"
      I could not help but notice that though I was not mentioned in the slightest even though I was also clearly in the video, it was expected. Throughout the exchange Aja looked uncomfortable so, of course, stepped in, pulling her away from the girls. 
     "That was fun was it not, I do hope we will be good friends", I said, she looked relieved and we started chatting and laughing
(Time Skip)
     I yawn as the test papers are handed out. Of course, I am almost finished but planned to wait a few minutes before turning it in. Then, Krel starts to panic and frantically grabs everyone’s phones and calculators. Neither of which I have on me.
     I wonder what is going on. Then glowing bugs start swarming the school.
Krel's POV
     "We need to stop this", Aja told as my school gets swarmed by Skeltegs, "before the whole school gets colonized"
      "Would that really be the worst thing", I said.
       "Krel!", Aja chided me, looking upset.
       "Just remember, sister", I said, "you brought them here"
        "Aja, did you really do this?" Darci asked as she came around the corner running from the skeltegs.
       "Finally, you made a mistake", I said, throwing up my arms.
        But then over the PA, came the announcement, "Due to unexpected circumstances, classes are canceled"
       Then, Daric hugged Aja and thanked and all the students started cheering. 
      "You literally can not lose!", I say very annoyed. Then all the lights start to go out.
       "Oh, I think we are about to lose, Big time", Aja said.
       "The skeltegs found the power generator", I said, and Aja got out her phone and started dialing on it.
      "What are you doing"
      "Calling Vex for help, before my phone gets eaten"
(Time Skip)And back to Ash's POV
       I had taken the stick of a broom to use as a staff. Of course, I always had my actual weapon. But, I think it is best if it stayed a necklace around my neck. I was creeping down a dark hallway. I could just see Krel and Aja.
     Then, suddenly Steve comes around the corner and ends up tackling Krel to the ground.
      "What are you doing here?", Krel asks in surprise and annoyance.
       "Did you really think you could slay these tiny dragons", Steve said, "Without the power of the Palchuck, did you?"
Krel POV
       "I am fairly certain that they did'', said a familiar voice. Then, Ash stepped from the shadows. They was holding what appeared to be a broomstick across their shoulders with their hand hanging loosely over it. She had this slightest little smirk on her face.
         They flipped the broomstick so it was in one hand and offered me her other. I swear her hazel eyes glowed orange for just a moment. I took their hand and she pulled me up.
        She moved to stand beside me. I think I liked her eyes. I didn't realize that I was staring at the till Aja started talking.
       "I think the oaf with the gold hair favors me above other humans"
        "Most assuredly, the poor creature", Ash said, shaking her head.
        "But, Aja kicked him in the face", I said confused.
        "Human boys are peculiar", both girls said in unison, making them both laugh. We all started creeping down the hallway after Steve.
Ash's POV
    As we enter the cafeteria, Mary is there taking a video of the stupid bugs. There is one of the bugs crawling across the back. Aja creeps up behind her and hits it off, Mary. Krel smashes it with his book.
     Mary worries about them being poisonous. I do not know why she would be concerned about that unless she planned on eating them. Steve said there was probably an antidote and started suggesting possible ones, like true love kiss.
        The Skeltegs started glowing showing how many of them there were.
       "Well, looks like we found the nest ", I said. Krel replied,"More like the nest found us"
     I threw a wooden spoon at Mary which she surprisingly caught. I started going at the bugs with my makeshift staff. I hit several with each swing. It was kind of fun. 
      Mary's phone started to ring and the sound made the bug explode. That appeared to give Krel an idea and he ran out of the room. Mary asked where he was going and he simply replied to get more music.
      Mary blast music makes the bugs burst. I laughed and clapped. Then her phone started running out of power. Steve started playing annoying calm music which did not help in the slightest. Then I heard music play and the bugs flew away. 
Well, today was interesting.