Chapter 12: A Secret Shared

We managed to get out alive after Vex came to help. Krel and I sat in the living room talking. He had found a guitar and was struggling to play. Each failed note made me wince, til eventually slid over and motioned for him to hand over the instrument.
      "Let me show you how, my sister probably can play it better, but I still have the basics", I said.
      "You have a sister", Krel asked and I stiffed at the thought of my picnic with her. Her reappearance both worried me and reminded me how desperately I missed her. I push down the turmoil of emotions. 
      "That is none of your concern, and if you want to learn to play I suggest you leave it", I said, strumming a note and then showing him where to place his fingers. We went like this for like an hour til Aja came into the room. Together the three of us started joking.
      "We almost died but hey, a Zeron got fried", Krel said, playing on a guitar. He was actually not half bad. I looked over and Aja was texting.
       "You texting Steve, Cinderella?", I asked her.
       "Why do you keep calling me Cinderella?", she asked. I chuckled.
       "Because, she is a character in a human tale who ran because she was about to transform into someone she did  not want the guy she was with to see", I said with a smirk.
      "Ugh, sweet Seklos, I can't believe Staja is a thing", Krel said .
      "Staja, Staja, makes me wanna,", Krel sang, " There's nothing that rhymes with Staja"
       I laugh. Aja just smiles at her phone as she looks at her texts. We continue until Varvatos comes back inside. I stay for a little longer till they turn in for the night.
(Time Skip)
     BAja and Krel were out looking for her serator. I did bother to help because  I currently knew exactly where it was and so  was not worried. But, I want to keep an eye on them because Varvatos didn't know where they were and watching them search for it was hilarious. Especially when they thought that Jim's amulet was her serator.
The next day at school I can barely stop myself from laughing at Aja plight. Does this make a bad friend? Miss Janeth calls Krel over and Aja and I head to class.
(Time Skip)
     Apparently, Senior Uhl wanted Tarrons to wait in his classroom and I was keeping them company.
      "Kleb! A math duel*", Krel said, "Why is it so difficult for these humans to understand that I have a superior intellect"
      “They are stupid and stubborn”, I state simply,  
      “Just as they have always been.”
      “Forget them, we need to figure out  how to get my serrator back”
      “I’m leaving”,Krel announced, “Tell the prison teachers that I’m sick”
He faints different kinds of sickness as a hear to sets of footsteps approach the door.  
      The two people who enter the classroom are Senior Uhl and Jim. Uhl is telling Jim that if he shows them around he will excuse his absence. I figure they will be fairly safe with him and Krel and Aja might even be able to help them with the dumb wizards list. So I figured I was safe to take a little cat nap in my cottage. I fell asleep fairly quickly.
(FlashBack)
      I spent most of my time in the wild with Mommy.   Sometimes Daddy would visit us when he could. I loved the times we went to court and I could see my friends. Me and   Trinia had grown quite close since our first meeting. We had also met a new friend, Rina. She was the princess and if her mom ever retired or died she would be the queen. Her skin was a pale yellow and her ears ended in long points. She has long forest green hair and yellow-green eyes. I adored her despite the stressful way we met. Me and Trina were called by the queen and we had gotten into a lot of mischief early that day so, were worried. It turns out that we had drawn the attention of her daughter and since we were both of noble birth, she allowed us to befriend her. On our way a boy offered me a flower, I recognized him as Prince Iston, Rina's younger brother.   He looked very much like his sister, but his eyes held so much ambition. When he looked at me I saw something else, something darker. It did not even try to disguise the fire in my eyes as I stared him down and moved to grab the flower only to set it aflame and watch it burn, he barely dropped it in time.
We all had a plan when she would become queen. I would be her knight and Trinia would be her handmaiden. I was going to have so much fun. So, every day I practiced. We spent every day together for years. We all looked about eleven at this point but we were probably much older and for the most part acted older.
       One day Rina gave me a beautiful sword. She said a good knight needs a fine sword, so I definitely need one. The fact she thought I would make a good knight made me blush, even thoughshe had said it dozens of times before. I wanted nothing more than to have her think highly of me and to protect her.
      I thought that day was going to be a good one. I didn't know how wrong I was. I was alone so I was in my true form. I should have sensed her there. But, I didn't. Not until she pounced. Trina was on top of me. I was too shocked to even move.
     "Ha, l got you", she said laughing, until she noticed my ears. She looked curiously for a moment before she realized.
     "Ash, why do you have ears like a cat-sith?", she asked.
     "Because I am one?",I responded hesitantly.
     "But your a phoenix"
     "I am both, my dad is a cat sith"
      "Do you know who your father is?"
      "Yes"
      "Are you really my half sister"
      "Yes"
      "No", she accused with tears in her eyes
      "You know we cannot lie”, I said, folding my ears back, hurt. She ran off crying. What had I done? The first thing she did was tell the queen. My parents and I were called. They put us in the dungeon and we were to be killed by morning. The first to visit us was Trinia and her mom. They both looked at us with disdain. They only came here to mock us. Trinia did look slightly regretful, but as soon as I caught it her expression glazed over and was cold and unfeeling. It was several hours before we got our next visitor, Prince Iston.
      "Such a shame what is happened to such a pretty thing like you", he said, "You would have made a lovely bride"
I hissed and scratched at him.
      "Now, now, kitty cat, that is the way to behave",he continued. Daddy held me back. If I went after him it would only make things worse. So, I sat and endured his taunts.
Just after the sun fell it was Rina who visited and she came with the jingle of keys.
      "Mother said you could  go Ash, I convinced her to let you go", she said crying, "Go quickly before she changes her mind"
      "What about Mommy and Daddy", I said, looking at my parents.
      "They broke the law, there is nothing I can do, I am sorry"
      "I am not leaving them", I said. Daddy wrapped his arm around Mommy.
      "Go, little bird", Daddy said.
      "We knew we would pay for it eventually, my sweet kitten, but you do not deserve to die for what we did, live my sweet kitten", my father said and Mommy touched my face and I started crying. Rina led me out and she handed me a bundle of clothes: a shirt and a pair of trousers, along with a belt.   She also handed me a bag of human coins and the sword she had given earlier. I quickly changed and strapped the sword and coin pouch to my belt.
      "Good luck, my knight", She said.
      "Till we meet again, my lady", I said with a bow and I was off. I walked for hours until I saw a woman, she was not human, she had long pale blue hair and eyes were the same color with white pupils. She seemed to debate for a few minutes before coming over to me.
       "Come with me, kid", the woman said. She led me to a building with a sign at the front. The place was bright and warm. The woman took me to another woman behind the bar.
      "I found them out in the woods, they seemed upset", the pale eyed woman said.
Cupid POV
      "If you're going to do it she and her sister have to be on good terms first", I say to Circi. She is trying to push Ash too fast.
      "Fair enough, I know I can't do it without you anyway",Circi said, "How do you suggest we get her and Trinia on speaking terms"
      "It all just a big misunderstanding, they just need to talk"