Chapter 18:Nemesis

“What have I missed?”,I asked, stretching out. Before I get any answer I am embraced in a hug.
       “Ash, you’re back”, Aja exclaimed as she let go. Krel was still holding on tight, like if he let go I would disappear again. 
       “Eh, watch the wings”
     “I thought never going to see you again”, He replied clearly on the brink of tears as he buried his head in the crook of my neck. Part of me wanted to stay like this forever. 
     “Love you, too”, I say, sarcastically.
     “I thought you hated me”, he replied, the fragility in his voice made my heart break.
     “I love you with every fiber of my being”, I say. After a few moments he finally let go of me, though does keep an arm around my waist. I take in my surroundings. We appear to be on a Stewart rental ship.
  “So, where are we going?”,I ask.
   “To the moon, to rescue Varvatos”, Krel replies.
   “So you came to your senses”, I smirk, “Assume you have a plan”
      They explain their plan. I sigh, in concept it is good but, relying on Stewert to convincingly play a bounty hunter is a stretch. 
     “Alright, Stewart is now going to stay on the ship and be our get away driver”, I say.
      “But…”,Stewart starts to protest. I simply glare at him and continue speaking.
      “And I am going to call in a favor”, I say pulling a mirror compact out of my pocket. I open it and call her name and in a moment, Nemesis is standing before me. Nemesis was a human turned demon after she and two of her childhood friends summoned Limbo (Who is basically Cupid’s niece). At her full height stood at just over six and a half thanks to her draconic legs, almost nearly seven if you included her horn. Her scales and hair were emerald green. Conveniently her current outfit resembled that of a pirate. She looked at me very annoyed. 
      “What do you want?”she snarled through razor sharp teeth.
      “You are the one who keep asking favors of me”, I say, “I just need someone who can be a convincing bounty hunter”
      “I guess I don't have a choice”, She grumbles, “Oh and Circi told me to ask how you are with your boyfriend.”
      “Who”, I ask dumb founded at the question. She motioned to Krel with a claw tipped finger nail. Both Krel and I blushed brightly.
      “We aren’t… I mean… Ugh”, Krel said,blushing madly,“Ash, do you want to be my “girlfriend”?
      “I would prefer the term partner, but the concept sound fun”, I say trying to hide how flustered I was.
      “Now that that is sorted out”, Nemesis growled, “Somebody change that music, and that isn’t a suggestion”
(Time Skip)
      It is quite a while before we are there. So we had plenty of time to brief Nemies on what she was dealing with. I have since shifted into my phoenix form, as it would quicken my healing and perched on Krels shoulder nuzzling into his cheek every so often. Once we land I flit over to Nemesis who seems surprisingly adept in the low gravity. Krel got into the mole mascot costume. Nemesis was quite ruff as she dragged him so, I dug my talons deep into my shoulder, causing her to wince slightly and losen her grip.
        “Keep Alert”, Nemesis says as Krel is hit with a glass.
        “You try staying alert without any peripheral vision”, He reptiles, I let out a coo to tell them to shut up. 
        “Psst. Zeron Brother, 12 o’clock”, Aja said motion to the table where Alpha was sitting with a few others. Nemesis wastes no time walking up to the table.  
       “Room for one more, gentlemen”, Nemesis says with a smirk.
      “That depends…”, Alphas says, pull Nemesis closer causing me to have to flutter up to maintain balance, “On weather you can take the heat”
      Another bounty hunter, I believe their name was Tronas shoots blue flame her way, I bask in the heat and Nemi only rolls her eyes as she pats out the flames on the sleeves of her blouse. They all laugh at Nemesis heartily joining in. 
     “So what are we playing”, She says pulling up a chair.
     “Akirdion skelteg fighting,Fifty creston minimum bet”, Alpha replies, picking up a Skleteg off the table and crushing it,“Who ever lose, dies”
     “Wonderful”, she says, her eyes lighting up, “Now who do I have to kill to get a drink in this place”
 She chats time up and gets them laughing. The topic turns to favorite kills. Tronas tells how he killed someone by electrocuting them in a bath. 
       “What about you, Nemesis?”, He asks her as her eyes light up with glee.
       “Honestly, there have been so, so many”, She starts,   “Though, my favorite would have to be a very early one, I was one of the first, as they were supposedly my best friend, before I got into this business…”
She told the tale in such a way even I was drawn in, having already heard the story witnessing some parts first hand. As her tale wrapped up, Alpha moved to leave saying he had a bounty to check on, I clawed into her and she was quick to respond.
      “Surely, the Zeron Brotherhood could fill a supercomputer with it kills”, She says and Alpha smirks.
      “There was one”, he continued, explaining how he killed Vartos' family. I worried that I was going to blow their cover, but Nemi moved her shoulder to hide me from view. What did blow their cover was Alpha ripping the mole costumes head off. Fortunately, Nemesis was quick to pull Krel away. I spot Aja with Varotos and motion for them to get to the ship. The only solid pursuit we had was Alpha and Vartos was all too happy to take care of him. Once safely on the ship. I shift it to my humanoid form. Nemesis smiles. 
      “There are worse people to owe a favor”, she says ruffling my hair.
      “Ya, you really keep lucking out with that”, I smile trying to pull away, I only succeed by heating my skin up so hot that she is left with some nasty burns. I help her heal them and she makes her leave. 
      “She really is something”, I say turning to Krel.
      “If by something you mean absolutely terrifying than yes”, Krel replies, wrapping an arm around my waist.