Chapter 2 - The Lonely Hearts Club

Just as you did everyday, once 3rd period had ended, you made your way to the very end of the school's field, shielded from the rest of the students by some conveniently placed, hedges and flowers. Most days, you just read down there, and recently, you'd taken to reading 'Little Women', after you'd found it at your local library. You put your earbuds in and began to read, relaxing, and leaning into the sturdy hedge behind you. 

All was peaceful, until you heard footsteps approaching you, and a loud, angry-sounding sigh. You took out one earbud, cautiously listening closer until the footsteps turned the corner and reached you. Looking up, you saw it was her. Alex Dunphy from your chem class.

"Oh-Uhm, sorry.. I didn't know you sat here.." She seemed to be somewhat taken aback.
"Oh, it's okay. I'm glad it's just you. I thought you were one of the smoker kids or something, haha.." You joked, smiling awkwardly at her.
"Pfft- No, don't worry." She laughed, smiling back at you.
"You can sit here if it so pleases you, mademoiselle." You say in a mocking, posh accent.
She giggles a little, throwing her backpack onto the grass and parking herself beside you.
"Sooo.. Whatcha reading?" She quizzes, sneaking a glance at the words on the page.
"Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. You heard of it?" You say and show her the cover.
Her face lit up all of a sudden, "Heard of it?! I love it! It's one of my favourite books of all time!"
"R-Really..?!" You asked, in disbelief.
"Yup!" She beamed brightly at you and nodded.

And from that lunch on, you met up there everyday. 

At first, it was to discuss your feelings on the book and how the plot progressed, but eventually, you finished it. 

And yet, you continued to sit there together everyday, and just talk. 

Somedays, you'd talk eachothers ears off, some, you'd read together and on occasion, you'd simply sit in silence and listen to music together. Eachother's company became enough.

Still, that's a little far ahead in your relationship. Let's skip back to the science project for a moment..