Chapter 12 - What makes a Home?

College had been incredible so far! I mean, you'd gotten to do so much more than you'd ever imagined. Not only were the classes insanely interesting, but those nerds sure knew how to party. You'd literally gone to a party with a robot! Insane.

Still, it was almost the end of the year, and Christmas was quickly approaching. Of course, you could always go back to your place, but what would even be the point? All of your stuff was at college, and the house would now not just be empty of people, but empty of the things you loved. You figured you'd just stay at college.

That night, Alex called home, and you could hear everyone on that facetime. You ignored it though, and got on with your homework, until Alex called you over,
"Y/N, come here! They wanna talk to you."
"Sure, hold on a sec." You finished what you were writing and headed over, "Hey everyone!"
"Y/N!" They all shouted excitedly, and waved, as you sat on Alex's lap so you could see the screen better, and so they could see you clearly.
"We just wanted to know what your plans for Christmas break were."  Haley said.
"Oh, I was planning to stay at college." You replied nonchalantly.
"What?! No way! Why?" Phil exclaimed.
"Well, I haven't got much reason to go back to my place, so.." You answered.
"We were going to suggest that you spend Christmas with us!" Luke responded, grinning brightly.
"W-What? Really?" You were taken aback. I mean, sure, you'd known them for years but spending a holiday with someone else's family is a big deal.
"Yes, really!" Claire chimed in, smiling.
"I'd love that!" You happily agreed.

And that was how you ended up spending your Christmas with the Dunphys. And the Pritchetts. Because Gloria had booked a cabin for you all to stay in for Christmas!