Chapter 6 - Waking up

That sleepover was almost 4 years ago now. You were both in your final year of school, and although Alex was incredibly stressed, mostly due to the pressure she put on herself, but even despite that she always made time for you. And that was exactly what was happening.

As per usual, you were staying over at the Dunphy's; in Alex's bed as it was fairly spacious, and neither of you minded.
"It might be the late night air making me say this, but I'm so glad we had that group project together.."
"Me too."
"I mean, can you imagine if we'd never become friends..?"
"I could, but I'd rather not." She smiled softly at you, visibly tired.
Silence soon cloaked the room, and the both of you soon fell asleep.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

There went the oh-so-familiar alarm. However, unlike normal, you didn't turn it off. For once, you had somewhere to be, and so did the rest of the Dunphy's. Today, Jay was hosting a barbecue. You rubbed the sleep out of your eyes and stood up, entangling yourself from Alex's arms, and stretched out, your bones clicking as you did so. 
"Morning, Alexxxx.." You dragged her name out, twirling her messy bed-head between your fingers.
"Morning." She replied dryly, clearly not having any intention to get out of bed.
"Come onnn, you have to get up." You whined.
"Do I?" She retorted, turning over and away from you.
"Yes, you do." You replied, ripping the warm covers off of her.
"Y/N!" She shouted.
You laughed, and ran downstairs, away from her early-morning wrath.

"Morning Phil, Claire." You greeted her parents, who were now used to you being there constantly.
"Morning Y/N." Claire replied, making an effort to smile at you, despite being clearly tired.
"Morning, N/N!" Phil shouted cheerfully, though not taking his eyes off the waffles he was making.
Just then, Alex appeared behind you, grabbing your shoulders and shouting, "Boo!", in your ear.
"Crap! Alex! You scared me!" You nearly jumped out of your skin.
"Well yeah, that was the whole point." She smirked, pleased with herself.
"I only have one heart!" You whined.
"I didn't scare you that badly!" She rolled her eyes and went over to the countertop, leaning on it.
You went up behind her, wrapping your arms around her, and whispered, "I guess you could say it's beating for you right now..", then laughing at your own cheesy joke and walking away.

Soon enough, Phil had finished cooking the waffles and you all sat down to enjoy a family breakfast, chatting intermittently. You then all got dressed, and ready to leave.