Chapter 11 - (Dis)Embark

Today was the day. The two of you agreed to leave a day early for college, so as to avoid all the usual emotional goodbyes. Well, for her at least, who was there to say an emotional goodbye to you?

That's what you thought, until it actually came time to leave, and you were stood with Alex and your suitcases next to the Dunphy's stairwell.
"Well, we're off!" Alex shouts to the house.
"Wait, wait! No! I was going to cook your dinner, and we were going to argue because of the separation, but make up in the end!" Claire shouted, racing down the stairs.
"That's exactly why we're leaving today." Alex retorted.
Phil came running in and shouted, "'We're'?! You're both going today?!"
"Sorry, Haley agreed to drive me with Alex, and god knows I need a ride there." You laughed awkwardly.
"Oh my god, come here Alex." Claire enveloped her in a hug.
Alex hugged back, but said, "You both get 5 seconds each max."
Phil then hugged Alex goodbye after Claire, whilst you just stood there awkwardly. That was until Phil smiled at you, and hugged you too. 

You stood still, in shock for a second, before hugging back, and wrapping your arms around his frame. Claire then hugged you too, and by then, you were tearing up. Just then, Luke walked by, and although he said he didn't want a hug from Alex, he still came over to you and hugged you goodbye.
"What? I see Y/N less than you. I don't know when I'll see you again.." He admitted, rubbing his neck awkwardly.
You just lost it at that point. Complete sobbing.
"We'll see eachother soon, I promise bro!" You hugged him again.
"Good. Now stop crying, ya weirdo." He replied, pulling away from you.
"Sorry. I just can't stop.." You responded through tears.
Then, Alex hugged you, as you cried on her shoulder like a baby. Luckily, you managed to stop crying relatively quickly, and Haley soon arrived.

And just like that, you were on the road for around 45 minutes. The three of you chatted about everything and nothing, until you arrived. The two of you walked through the college together, you assuming you'd split off whenever either of you reached your room first, but no. You kept walking, and stopped at the exact same room.
"Uhh.. This is my room." You looked at the number on your key and back up at the door number.
"Mine too." Alex replied.
"Must be a mistake.. I'll go talk to the front office." You shrugged, and turned to go back to the office.
"No! Y/N! We're sharing a room." Alex shouted to you.
"What..? I thought you wanted a fresh start.." You stopped dead in your tracks, and turned around, slowly walking back towards her.
"I do, but I realised that I don't think we could live apart. We've basically lived together since we were like, 13. I need you. I need to see you everyday." She spilled her heart to you.
"Oh my god. I'm gonna cry." And like that, for the second time that day, you were crying on Alex's shoulder.
"Oh my god, again?" She asked, sounding irritated, but laughing too.
"I'm sorry! You're just so sweet! I love you, Alex!" You exclaimed.
"I love you too, Y/N!" She reciprocated the sentiment, still laughing at you a little.
"I'm here too, y'know?" Haley whined.
"Sorry, Haley. Thank you so much for driving us here. I'm gonna miss you too.." The two of you shared a hug, and so did she and Alex.

Haley stayed for a few hours, helping the two of you set up, and sharing her college advice and stories from before she'd been kicked out. 

Who knows what the future holds? But it sure did look exciting.