{3} ~First Mission~

A couple weeks flew by. We trained and studied like usual. Satoru and Suguru were especially strong. They'd sometimes have missions by themselves. Then we'd hang out afterwards. It was yet another day that we expected to be given book work since Yaga sensei was here.

"I have your first mission as a team! Four couples have been reported missing from a love hotel towards the center of Tokyo. Your job is to find the missing couples and exorcise the curse behind the kidnapping." Yaga sensei explained.

"Understood." we all said.

When we arrived Yaga sensei put up a veil. We entered and the strong smell of perfume filled the air.

"I'll take the fourth floor." - Satoru

"I'll take the third." - Shoko

"I'll take the second floor." - Suguru

"I guess I'll take down here." I said.

I began to walk around and look in each room. A few low grade curses came out but I exorcised them with ease. The rooms were filled with a weird odor and clothes were thrown all over the place. There were even a few condoms laying around. Is this really a job for high schoolers?

I felt a heavy presence as I got closer to the end of the hallway and near the emergency stair case. I opened it and heard strange noises coming from the very bottom connecting to the underground parking lot. I followed the noises down.

"Somebody help us!" I heard a women plead. I felt the immense presence of the curse. It must've been a special grade. I could tell it felt my presence as well for it looked towards my direction. Luckily I hid behind a trashcan.

"Who's there? Come out." it spoke. My eyes widened as I heard it clearly.

"Help!" the woman shrieked.

"What help do you need when I can give you all the love to help." the curse said.

"No stop!" the lady yelled. I began to write the words "Don't move." I couldn't use "explode" or else it might've hurt the woman it was hugging, plus we were underground so it could end badly.

I sent my words towards the curse and for an instant it didn't move. It was just enough time for me to get the woman out of it's grasp.

"Hey! I was giving her my love!" it yelled at me.

I wrote "plummet" and sent it towards it. My paint brush disintegrated but the curse did plummet, making a hole in the ground.

"You seem like you're single." it remarked, ascending from the ground.

"That's rude. Is it that obvious?"

I pulled out another paint brush and painted a lion with my cursed energy. The curse attacked me but I dodged and continued to paint. I finally finished my lion while dodging the curse. I sent it towards the ugly curse so that it could attack. I spotted the couples and ran over to them. (yeah her technique was influenced by sai)

"Don't worry, we'll help you." I reassured them. They seemed to be stuck to a pillar with the curse's cursed energy. I wrote "release" so that they were no longer trapped. But the curse noticed. It had defeated the lion and began to attack me.

"This is getting a bit annoying." I said as I fought.

"You're the annoying one! Interrupting my cuddle session!"

"Ugh! Gross!"

"Hey you're sorta pretty! Maybe I'll keep you as my own pet." it said.

I was utterly disgusted.

"No thank you." I replied with a smile. In reality I was growing really tired or should I say drowsy.

This must be the curse's technique. Something about its cursed energy.

I began to hallucinate. There was a handsome man before me now. I was on the beach. The man grabbed my hand and we began to play on the sand. It was nice. The man pulled me in for a hug.

"Saori!" I heard a voice call. I turned around and saw Suguru running towards me at a distance, still on the beach.

Suguru's POV:

"So that's her name! What a pretty name." the curse spoke. It was holding Saori close to it. She seemed to be passed out.

"...Suguru?" Saori said drowsily.

I scanned the area. Saori must've used her plummet. But she released the people. Tch. This curse is definitely a special grade. I'm surprised she held out on her own.

I brought out my curses and attacked the monster before me.

"Give her back!" I yelled.

"Oh? But she's my new play toy. We were just about to play."

I charged at it. My curses attacked from every direction but this curse was fast.

"Saori is not a toy."

"You're strong, but allow me to ask: Who is she to you?" it asked.

"My friend."

"Hmm. Or so for now." it laughed.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I questioned.

"Nothing at all. But you're really getting on my nerves. I want to play with Saori."

It began to grow more limbs. We started to fight once more. It was a lot faster and stronger than before. But I had to be careful since it was still holding Saori. It struck me once and sent me flying.

"Now he's finally out of our way, Saori. Shall we?" the curse said as it opened its mouth and stuck out its tongue.

I got up.

"Get away from her!" I sent another curse after it and charged at it again.

"You can still move?" the curse seemed surprised.

I don't know why I was so pent up. Perhaps it was because I didn't want my classmate to die so soon.

"Saori!" I called, hoping that my voice would reach her.

"Saori!" I tried again.

"Saori!"

Saori POV:

Suguru finally reached me on the beach. I was a bit confused at first but then realized that this was not real. I looked back at the man. I didn't recognize him.

"Come with me Saori. We can do whatever you please." the handsome man held out his hand towards me.

"Saori." Suguru said softly holding out his hand. I looked at both of them. That man though, he's so goddamn fine. I'll probably never find another man like him. And anything that I please? Seems enticing.

I looked at the man and then at Suguru. I hadn't realized that he was also extremely fine. Why had I not noticed him before? His earrings. His long hair. His smile. Maybe I'm just thinking like this because I'm in a life and death situation. That's been proven to evoke feelings.

I took Suguru's hand and woke up.

"Twist." I said as I wrote the word on the curses face.

"What?" the curse was confused, but it's body suddenly began to twist. It loosened its grip on me and I slipped out of it's grasp.

"Now Suguru!"

He nodded and delivered the finishing blow.