{16} ~Hot Pot~

Saori's POV:

I'm a second year now. I can't believe it's been a year since I've become a jujutsu sorcerer. There aren't many incoming first years. I think there's only two. But we are starting to interact more with the third years since our classes are nearly the same now. Suguru and I have been doing well as couple too. We occasionally go out to the bookstore, cafes, or dinner. But we usually stay in the dorms and hang out there.

Satoru and Suguru have gotten a significantly stronger. I feel I've gotten stronger as well. And Shoko has nearly mastered her reverse cursed energy technique.

"Come on! Let's go greet the first years!" Satoru giggled.

"Are you sure you're gonna greet them? I feel like you're gonna scare them away." Suguru remarked.

"Or creep them out." I added. Shoko laughed.

"Hey! I'm a senpai now! I might as well act like one!" Satoru said proudly. We shrugged it off and went to greet the first years in their class room.

"Yoohoo!" Satoru peaked his head in to find Yaga sensei glaring at him.

"We came by to say hi." he whispered. Yaga sensei sighed and let us in.

"These are the second years. They're supposed to be training but they wanted to greet you. Treat them with respect." Yaga sensei briefly introduced us.

One of the students with a bowl cut immediately stood up and bowed.

"Hello! I'm Yu Haibara! It's a pleasure to meet you!" he bowed. The other emo looking one reluctantly stood up and bowed as well.

"Kento Nanami. Nice to meet you." he said.

"Oh! They're so cute! I'm Satoru Gojo!" he winked.

"Suguru Geto."

"Shoko Ieiri."

"Saori Makino."

"Any advice for them as senpais?" Yaga sensei asked us.

"Be brave and strive for the best! But I'll let you know that I am the best." Satoru smiled.

"Make sure to always be aware of your opponent's abilities and surroundings." Suguru said.

"Good luck! And don't die." I added.

"Make sure you're ready to work because boy is this hell." Shoko scoffed with a laugh.

"Yes!" Haibara bowed. Nanami bowed as well.

"Well we'll get going then. Bye." I said to them and bowed. We all bowed and left.

"Man am I dying for a mission." Satoru stretched his arm out.

"Same." Suguru added.

"I want some hot pot." Shoko remarked.

"Same." I added. I yawned as we walked out to the training field.

Utahime and Mei Mei were sparring. Mei Mei was clearly winning. She knocked Utahime over with her axe and pointed it at her throat.

"Too slow that time." she said and helped her up. They noticed we were watching.

"Oh my little second years. Did you guys greet the first years already?" Mei Mei remarked.

"Yup! Utahime did you get slower?" Satoru beamed with excitement.

"Shut up! I'm your senpai, show me some respect!" she pouted.

"Utahime senpai do you wanna get hot pot with us later?" Shoko asked her.

"Sure! I could use a break." she smiled and hugged Shoko and I.

"Mei Mei senpai how about you?" I asked.

"I have a date later." she winked.

"Oi Utahime don't eat too much at hot pot. You might actually get slower." Satoru laughed. She went over and hit him on the head.

"You're such a -" she cut herself off and simply rolled her eyes.

"Yeah. You're such an asshole." Suguru finished her sentence for her.

"Hey! What'd you say? You wanna go?" Satoru asked.

"Let's go!" Suguru replied. They ended up fighting so I sparred a bit with Utahime senpai.

After training all day we then went to get hot pot. We decided to invite the first years as a welcome dinner for them. Nanami didn't talk much but Haibara talked a lot. They seemed like complete opposites.

"Oh do you guys have girlfriends?" Satoru asked the underclassmen with a creepy smile. Nanami shook his head.

"Nope! Do you senpai?" Haibara responded.

"A ton." Satoru winked. We all laughed.

"As if! He gets girls but he scares them away." Utahime told them, rolling her eyes.

"Hey! At least I get girls! You pull no one." Satoru stuck out his tongue. Utahime was fuming. Seeing them bicker made us all laugh.

Suguru then pulled some cooked meat out from the pot and put it on my plate.

"Thank you." I said casually.

"What about you Makino senpai? Are you dating anyone?" Haibara asked curiously. I laughed.

"Yeah." I replied with a smile.

"If you don't mind me asking, is it Geto senpai?" he looked at Suguru.

"Well we don't try to hide it." Suguru laughed.

"Yeah we're dating." I replied.

"You guys are a wonderful couple!" Haibara remarked. We both laughed and thanked him.

"Man I'm jealous of you two." Utahime and Satoru both said. They looked at each other and began bickering again.

"Don't worry you'll get used to them." I told the two first years.

We continued to eat and have a great time. Shoko wanted alcohol but Utahime was strictly against underage drinking. I loved hot pot like this. The smell of the broth and sound of the meat sizzling as you cook it. The pleasuring sight of the colorful foods laid out. The laughs around the table. Eating hot pot with my friends was everything that I could ask for. Hot pot is always better when you share it anyways. I never wanted this to end.

Suguru looked at me lovingly and smiled as we continued our conversation at the table.

"Saori, are you gonna eat that?" Shoko asked, pointing to my pile of meat with her chopsticks.

"Yes I am!" I ate it immediately.

"Tch. You're hogging all the meat." Shoko said.

"Suguru keeps giving it to me!" I replied. Suguru looked over with his closed-eyes smiled.

"Hm?" he asked.

"Eat up!" I gave him the meat that was piled up in my bowl which he had continuously gave me. Shoko then stole a piece of meat from my bowl.

Yeah. I most definitely don't want this to end.