{6} ~Phone Number~

"Shoko." I whined.

"Yes?" she replied.

"Another girl asked ME for Suguru's number yesterday when we were getting groceries." I said.

"Damn. What'd you say?"

"I said he doesn't have a phone." I rolled my eyes. Shoko let out a loud laugh.

"Omg! That's pretty funny." she remarked.

"No way I'm giving her his number. She was super pretty." I added.

We were talking while sparing. Both our breaths were panting as we fought. The boys were on a mission.

"It's been a month since I've started liking him. And I feel like my attraction towards him is only getting stronger. And I have no idea how he feels about me. One day he's super flirty but then the next he's normal. I swear he's playing with me." I punched twice then ducked from Shoko's punch. She kicked low but I jumped then ducked again. From the ground I swept her.

"Ow. Saori. If he likes you then he'll make it clear. Maybe you should just ask him. I hate seeing you stress over this." she got back up. I let out a sigh.

"You're probably right. But that's pretty hard, especially on his flirty days. I get nervous." I kicked.

"Let's stop here. The boys should be back tonight." Shoko suggested as we stopped sparing.

Suguru's POV:

"Satoru! To your left." I called and he dodged the curse with ease. Then he kicked it with a laugh.

We were just finishing up our mission and executing all the small fries to clean up. Once we were finished Satoru and I went home.

"Suguru do you think we should call one of those girls that gave us their numbers?" Satoru snickered. I simply shrugged.

"If you want." I said.

"C'mon. We should go on a double date. Fighting small fries is getting boring. The girl last week was pretty hot. Maybe I'll hit her up." he added.

"I'm not too interested. But go ahead if you want. There's nothing stopping you."

Satoru sighed as we got off the train.

"Well I'm tired. Can't wait to take a bath and then fall asleep. I'll think about texting her tomorrow." Satoru yawned.

"I'm gonna get some coffee." I said.

"Okie!" he replied.

I walked over to the cafe nearby.

Satoru is right. Exorcising small fries is boring and tiresome. Maybe I should try going on a date.

"One large black coffee please." I ordered.

I could sense a gaze on me. I looked over and a girl by the window was staring at me. I stared back. She was quite pretty.

"Geto!" the worker called, for my drink was ready. I picked up my coffee and sat near the girl. She had headphones on and was sketching. I glanced over and saw that she was sketching me.

"Excuse me miss but you could always ask to draw me instead of staring at me every 5 seconds." I said to her. She looked up startled and took her headphones off.

"Sorry. I didn't mean any harm." she replied.

"It's fine. Just ask next time."

"If you're uncomfortable with me drawing you then I'll stop." she stated.

"No please continue. Your art is really nice. It reminds me of a friend." I told her. She smiled and I took a seat in front of her while I drank my coffee. We made light conversation as she drew. Her name was Hayami Imai. We were the same age. She was very well versed and smart.

"Done!" she remarked as she put her pencil down and showed me the drawing. I smiled.

"It looks great." I complimented.

"Thank you! That means a lot." she smiled back.

"Let me sketch you really quickly." I said. She nodded and handed me her sketchbook and pencil.

I sketched her to the best of my abilities, which wasn't great. But I decided to sign it off with my name and phone number.

"Finished." I handed her back the sketch book and left.

"Wai-" she called but I was already out the door. That was the first time a girl had not asked me for my number. It was the first time I gave a girl my number. My heart was fluttering.

Saori is cute. But I don't want to see her as beyond a friend. She's too indecisive and doubting and easily flustered. But most of all: she's too special for me to lose. I don't want to ruin the friendship we all have. But Imai I could see as someone suitable for me. And I won't have to worry about her as much as I already do about Saori and the others.

New Message:

Hi! It's Hayami Imai!
Is this Geto?

Hi, this is Suguru Geto.

I smiled.

I went back into my dorm only to find Satoru lying on my couch watching TV. I looked at him confused.

"Oh I was hungry but I don't have anything so I came over." he burped.

"You're so gross." I remarked. But I was too happy to scold him. I simply took off my shoes and went to my room to get a change of clothes to shower.

"What's this? You're not gonna scold me?" Satoru asked with a gasp.

"Either shut up or go back to your room." I called back.

"Ooo you're not kicking me out either! What happened?"

"I may or may have not talked to a girl." I replied. Satoru squealed like a girl.

"Omg omg! Who?" he asked, like a girl.

"This girl I met at the cafe named Imai. I gave her my number and she just texted me." I blushed in embarrassment.

"So then can we do a double date? I'll ask that girl from last week! And you bring Imai!" he looked at me, his eyes filled with excitement.

"I'll ask her." I muttered.

"Yes!" Satoru squealed some more.

"Would ya keep it down Satoru!" Shoko yelled from her room right next door.

"You're so loud." I said.

"Hehe! Sorry."

"Whatever. Imma go shower now. I don't care what you do just don't be too loud." I told Satoru.

Saori POV:

"Suguru has a date?" I was in complete shock.