{22} ☾ Promise by Laufey ☾

Suguru's POV:

Oh.

They're.

Dead.

I opened the cage. There's no going back.

"Don't worry. You're safe now," I said softly to the small girls.

I stuck out my hand and helped them out. They took it reluctantly but seemed to have relaxed a bit.

"What are your names?" I asked as I squatted down before them.

"N-Nanako...And this is my sister," the blonde one spoke hesitantly.

"...I'm Mimiko.." the black haired girl added.

I smiled brightly at them hoping to show that I had no ill intentions with them.

"Well Nanako and Mimiko, I'm Geto Suguru. Wanna follow me?" I introduced myself.

The sisters looked at each other and then at me. They slowly nodded. I held out my hands and they each took one.

"I guess starting today we're a family!" I remarked happily.

I'm done saving those damn monkeys.

Saori's POV:

"Why?" I asked sternly.

The jujutsu criminal, Geto Suguru, stood before me, a couple feet away. His hair was half up-half down and he wore a black crewneck. His hands were stuck into his pockets as he looked at me with sorry eyes.

"You didn't right? Yaga sensei got it wrong right? You didn't kill them right?" I added. My voice wavered as I refused to believe that Suguru could do such a thing.

He simply stared at me before saying, "It had to be done."

His words struck my heart.

"Tell me you didn't!" I exclaimed.

He let out a sigh.

"I don't want to lie to you Saori...I'm a bad person," he replied.

"Suguru! Why?" I yelled as tears accumulated in my eyes.

"They're all filthy. Imagine locking up two little girls and beating them because they saw cursed energy. Utterly repulsive," he explained.

"Still...You killed so many," I breathed heavily.

"And I'll kill more if I have to. I'll rid this world of their filth," he responded bluntly.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. My heart raced as my mind flew around in utter chaos. He sighed.

"Saori. I'll cut to the chase. I'm a bad person. And I guess it was nice being with you while it lasted...But...It doesn't matter anymore. I have priorities now and you're not one of them," he said.

"What?" I asked as a tear escaped and slid down my cheek.

"What I'm saying is just forget about me. Or kill me right now...But I doubt that you can in your state," he answered coldly.

Another tear fell. Oh there goes another. And another and another. Why is he watery? Why does he look watery?

"Don't cry over this. As a sorcerer it's pathetic to cry over this," Suguru remarked.

I stood there dumbfounded. My heart ached and my head was pounding.

"Why? This is stupid! Your goal is fucking stupid! Don't mock me with the 'sorcerer' shit! You know damn well how I feel!" I screamed as the tears streamed down my face.

He turned around but didn't walk away, instead he looked down. He didn't say a word.

"Do you really want this?!? Is this really want you want?!? Do you really not care?!?" I yelled.

Suguru's POV:

This. Hurts.

I couldn't bear to watch her cry. I thought that being blunt and cold towards her would make it easier for her to leave me...But still...It hurts so much.

"If you care so much then just kill m-!" I exclaimed but my words were cut short by her sudden embrace.

I was shocked to feel her arms wrap around me as she hugged me from behind. She grabbed my shirt and buried her face into my back. No. No Saori. I'm a bad person. Just leave me be.

"Get your hands off me," I said coldly. She only squeezed me tighter. No. Stop. If you do this then I won't be able to let you go.

"What'd you do with the girls?" she asked. I was surprised by her question.

"Huh?"

"You said imagine locking up two little girls and beating them because they saw curses. You must've killed the others to save them right?" she explained. Stop finding the good in me.

"It's none of your business," I replied.

"You're not bad Suguru. You're just misguided. And I don't blame you..." she said softly.

"Stop it..." I finally said aloud.

"I love you Suguru," I could hear her voice crack. It broke me.

"I don't deserve you..." I finally loosened my guard a bit and turned my head to the side to glance back. She chuckled softly as tears still fell from her eyes.

"Can I meet them? The girls I mean," she smiled with her tear stained face. I raised my eyebrows.

"You never change," I chuckled gently.

She slowly let me go from her embrace. I wanted to turn around and pull her close to me like always but I didn't. I couldn't.

"Keep that promise for me...Goodbye Saori," I said softly.

I walked away with a smile as tears trickled down my face. What a hypocrite. Telling her not to cry over this yet you're crying Suguru.

"I love you Saori," I whispered.

"I love you Suguru!" she called back. I chuckled. I didn't think she could hear me...

Now go listen to Promise by Laufey!

Author's Note: I honestly have no idea where to go from here so leave suggestions on how you want this sad ending to go. I wanna follow the canon, like what happens in JJK 0 and the manga but I also want to add something to else. (I don't know what though)